Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v7 Feature Request

Hi guys,

A couple of requests for addition to v7 if possible after consultation and all that...

1. Custom Property ability within the Brochure Page fragments for CUSTOMVAR usage.

2. When the Actinic engine progresses through the templates, can it be enabled so that it conducts the inclusion of any customvar's before running its netquotevar alterations.

i.e. at present when the site is generated for preview or upload, it runs through the templates, converts NETQUOTEVAR tags as required to say the propert links, but then actions CUSTOMVARs, so if a customvar was a call for an external text file with a menu in it, which subsequently included a NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFOLINK (for arguments sake), then as the netquotevar's have already been processed, it is left as is in its raw state....

That all said, I might be completely wrong and it is simply that the external file is not checked for these, which is most likely the case after all that, in which case can that be added - checking of external called include files using customvar and filename/use content for netquotevars

Hello Technoweb

v7 does include support for a lot more NQVs in the brochure pages. You will find this list on p28 of 'DesignGuide.pdf' (in the 'Starter Guide' folder in 'Actinic v7')

v7.0.2 also includes NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP for brochure pages.

Also, I've always thought you can include NETQUOTEVARs in code inserted via a custom property. The NQV must be in context though i.e. the code is being inserted into a template where the NETQUOTEVAR will work. For example NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFO will not work when included into a produyct layout template.... hmm.... I'm wondering if only simple 'text' NQVs will work ie. PRODUCTNAME but not PRODUCTIMAGE

Comment

Morning Chris (wow far too early) ,

With regards to NETQUOTEVARs and that.

Example: CUSTOMVAR:MYFILE, which is set to use value myfilename.txt, stored in site1 folder and assigned to use the content.

myfilename.txt include a custom menu list, which also includes manually created images or text links, with the A HREF on ones that are appropriate NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFOLINK OR NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUTLINK etc.

It seems that these links do not get included or processed into the end link and stay as they are, where as as you say, adding the nextquotevar into the line under where the CUSTOMVAR:MYFILE then works like it should, so the NETQUOTEVARs in the file work when directly added, but not when used in the file, hense the idea that processing of NQVs was done before that of CUSTOMVARs that pull in file content - But I could still be wrong

Comment

(wow far too early)
        I'm visiting our office in India. Means I disappear about 1.30 UK time
        Example: CUSTOMVAR:MYFILE, which is set to use value myfilename.txt, stored in site1 folder and assigned to use the content.
        Instead of using a customvar, try

NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE myfilename.txt

Note: it needs to be on its own line.

This will act upon any NETQUOTEVARs included within the included file.

Comment

I'm visiting our office in India..
          Better not drink the water (or eat the food) - we want you back

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Better not drink the water (or eat the food) - we want you back
            It's pretty good here. The only thing I might die of is the traffic. It's insane! I'll get some pictures and stick them up somewhere on my return.

Comment

Chris if you meet anyone that works for 3 (mobile phone company) can you give them a dictionary please.
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
              X