Failed Snaphot import to Order Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed Snaphot import to Order Manager

I have just completed my first site using Developer and have tried to provide a snapshot to enable my customer to start processing orders using Order Manager.

Both our Actinics are 'V7 upgrades' as both were originally V6 bought just weeks before V7 was released. I mention this now because of the weird error message that the snaphot import throws out.

I have no problem taking the snaphot export from my Developer machine - although it appears from threads on this community, that the snaphot export should only be taken from Site1 (having renamed the site to be exported to Site1). Is this true and if you don't do this does it prevent the snapshot import from working?

On importing the snapshot to my customer's copy of Order Manager, the import starts okay and correctly details the originating machine etc. The "Site import in progress" message appears. However, I then get the first (yellow triangle) warning message - "The version of the database is greater than the version of Actinic. Failed to open database". Any ideas?

The import continues and says "The operation was completed successfully". I then click on the Finish button and get a (red cross) error message - "Actinic was unable to import your file. The application must close as the upgrade process is incomplete." Order Manager then closes and if I try to run it again I just get the (yellow traingle) message "The version of the database...etc" again.

I've checked the Actinic file structure on my customer's PC and my imported site files have been copied in, but Order Manager won't work and she can't process any orders - HELP!

Hi Greg,

I have no problem taking the snaphot export from my Developer machine - although it appears from threads on this community, that the snaphot export should only be taken from Site1 (having renamed the site to be exported to Site1). Is this true and if you don't do this does it prevent the snapshot import from working?
    This is for only Catalog and Business customers. If they have one licence, then they can only export from the site1 folder.

However, I then get the first (yellow triangle) warning message - "The version of the database is greater than the version of Actinic. Failed to open database". Any ideas?
    Do you have Access 2003? If so, did you open the actiniccatalog.mdb in access 2003?

ActinicCatalog.mdb is an access2000 database, if its saved as a 2003 database, then actinic will not recognise it.
    Also make sure you client is using the correct version as you. Go into her order manager, and if you click on "Help | About Order Manager". The version number needs to be exactly the same as your developer version number.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem,

Thanks for confirming there's no need for me (as a user of Developer) to rename sites prior to exporting them as snapshots.

I do have Access 2003, but I have never opened any Actinic database with it, so I think we're safe there.

The version issue may well now be favourite. From my notes, it appears that the AOM version is listed as '7.0.EFQA', whereas my Developer version is '7.0.1.0.0.0.EGSA'. Both were upgraded to V7 (via upgrades from Actinic) as I purchased V6 a couple of months before V7 came out. Could it be that the upgrades aren't compatible?

When you say that AOM needs to be 'exactly' the same as the Developer version, do you mean the same 'release' (i.e. 7.*) or the same down to individual fix levels etc (i.e. 7.n.n.n.n.n.xxxx) ?

Comment

Also, is there any temporary manual way to achieve what the snapshot feature provides, so that I can get my customer's AOM to work?

I'm sure Actinic wants its customers to stick to use of the provided features, but from other threads on this site, it appears that when others have had problems with snapshot they've circumvented the problem by manually copying the folders from PC to PC. Any comment?

Comment

Hi Greg

Yes you both need to be on version 7.0.1.0.0.0.EGSA. Both versions have to be exact.

is there any temporary manual way to achieve what the snapshot feature provides
          Yes, you can simply zip up the client site folder. But if you do this, please in Actinic, go to "Housekeeping | Security", and copy and paste the encryption key into notepad.
          Extract the zip file onto your client pc, then go into his "Housekeeping | Security", and paste the encryption key from notepad to his OM. This will work.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem,

Ok I'll try the manual method to get my customer going on AOM until the version mis-match is resolved.

Now the question remains - how did Actinic come to provide me with incompatible upgrades - one ('7.0.1.0.0.0.EGSA') for my Developer and another ('7.0.EFQA') for AOM?

How do I go about getting an AOM that matches my Developer version?

Will I need to upgrade both to a new (current) release?

Please let me know.

Comment

Hi Greg,

You both need to be on the same version, so download the patch from our website http://www.actinicdownloads.com/v7/

The patch for OM is 2 megs only. Install this onto your client pc.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X