Act_Sectionline Editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Act_Sectionline Editing

Hi as well as my other problems ! please see my threads in setup !

I am trying to edit the template to show the section links down the left or right navbar in a Table. I have tried putting the Table tags etc in the Act_Sectionlinesmalltext template and it kind of works , but each section gets its own table , rather than each section getting its own cell.

Any help appreciated .

Regards

Mark
    Where's the "Any" Key ?

I will help bump this up as I too was having problems with this table. I think it must be in a script somewhere.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi there

This is because of the code in rows 9, 10, 11, 12 in 'Design | Text | Website | HTML'. They put a separate table around each row in the section list, in order to be able to display the section list in onw, two, or three columns.

For your issue, you may want to switch to a section list which is generated independently of Actinic code.

Paste this code into Act_Primary.html just under the <script> line that talks about actinicextras.js:
      Code:
      <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONS_RAW -->

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
      <!--
      function SectionList(ar)
      	{
      	var strIDs = '<table border=0 width=100%>'
        	for (var i=1;i<=ar.length;i++)
        		{
      		if (ar[i].sURL !=null)
      			{
      			strIDs += '<tr><td><a href="' + ar[i].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall">' + ar[i].sName + '</span></a></td></tr>'
      			}
        		}
      	strIDs+='</table>'
        	return strIDs
        	}
      //-->
      </SCRIPT>
      Then paste the following code within the overall layout template in place of NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP:
      Code:
      <script language=Javascript1.1>document.write(SectionList(sections))</script>
      Each section link will then be in its own cell.

Comment

Thanks Chris.
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
        X