Snapshot import problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot import problems

I've passed a snapshot over to a client to start a build and for some reason they are getting the following error on import:

"An invalid argument was encountered"
    I click ok and then I get

"Errors
    (File ThemeExport.cpp, Line 1712) - The parent theme Layout01 is missing from the import

Any ideas what's causing this?

Ta
    Manc Design Person
    http://www.the061.co.uk

Hi there

From previous experience discribed here , going to Housekeeping | Compact Databases, select both Shipping and Catalog can solve this problem.

Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Hi,

Checkout this thread which gives more details on this problem

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...apshot+Failure

Best wishes,

Myles Sinclair
      Last edited by magicalwonders; 20-Oct-2004, 08:44 AM. Reason: typo
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Seems I am not alone in this then...

... which makes me feel more confident I am not causing the error.

I have compacted the databases, also tried purging deleted items and orders, and the error still happens?

My client is reporting that this is happening
        when I delete the standard content which Actinic has
        generated
        Any help with this would really be appreciated as I would like to pass this website to the client for a full build asap?

Thanks
        Andy
        Manc Design Person

Comment

Hi Andy,

I'm working on my site using two different machines. The easiest way to get the info from one machine to another without using snapshot is to go to the the Sites Directory, make a copy of Site 1 and then copy it to the other machine. Click on replace existing files and Bob's your Uncle!

This achieves the same thing that snapshot import/export does. Or would if it worked!

Hope this helps.

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

OK, I will give that a go and let you know the result.

Cheers
            Andy
            Manc Design Person

Comment

Ok I've got this problem at the mo.

This is the error on exporting the snapshot

Errors
              (File ThemeExport.cpp, Line 1712) - The parent theme Layout01 is missing from the import

Compacting the databases has not cured the problem.

I don't want to go down the site1 backup process since i will want to use snapshot in the future

Comment

The latest info I have on this is that the problem has been identified as a bug and noted to be fixed in future releases. That was in an email from support dated 18 October 2004.

I'm still using 7.01 so I don't know if any progress has been made with this issue. Maybe the latest beta version has it sorted?

Best wishes,

Myles
                www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Thanks for that Miles, maybe Actinic can advise me what to do, as this a release to go to a client. All the work has been done in 7.02 so to roll back is not an option.

Comment

Hi Jo,

This is a bug which is scheduled to be fixed, i am just asking the development team if there is a workaround or if the latest beta version has fixed it.

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for the info Nadeem.

I won't be able to use a copy of site1 to release this as it will overwrite orders. So I am in the hands of Actinic on this one.

Comment

Any news on this one please.

I have now discovered I have 3 sites for release which I won't be able to release!

I looked at the features of 7.0.3 and this bug is not listed.

I have rolled back to 7.0.1 for future work, but i am stuck with these 3. One of which really should be released today as the client sells one off products and needs to update their site with new stock and check stock control

Comment

Hi Jo,

When speaking to the developers yes this bug has not been fixed, the reason for the delay is that i am checking for a workaround to your issue, as mentioed to the post: http://community.actinic.com/showpos...65&postcount=9

Kind Regards
                          Nadeem Rasool
                          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem, the short term fix would be appreciated

Comment

Hi Jo,

Is it possible for you to zip up one of the site folder and email it over to me. If possible, please email communityadmin [@] actinic.co.uk and mark it for my attention. The developers would like to see it. Or better still, do you have an older snapshot for the client. The developer are asking to see it.

Nadeem
                              Nadeem Rasool
                              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                              X