Configure Web Site Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configure Web Site Details

I have just completed my first attempt with Actinic 7 and wish to upload it to my web-space. In Business Details I have indicated to use SSL as I intend to take credit card details. Whilst filling in the necessary prompts I have indicated what my hosting company tell me is the correct information, but on putting this into Actinic, it insists that “You must specify a secure service for your cgi-bin address because you selected SSL as your credit card security method first.Your cgi-bin must start with https://”

Unfortunately, my cgi-bin is not contained in the https folder and if I put http Actinic says “The cgi-bin address (url) does not refer to a web server or the web server or network is down. Try again or contact your system administrator or isp. The date in the certificate is invalid or has expired.” Where do I go from here, please?

Kindly assistance and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

David Stringer
    -----------------------------
    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

I really don't like to be the one to tell you this but you may not get this working with your host.

We have tried in vain to link the SSL server to a regular site server via the NFS (Network File System) protocol as advsied by Actininc however this is nigh on impossible if the sites are on different physical servers let alone different URLs

After many hours of trying to get this working, we gave up on it and opted for the only other options available to us which were
    1) Use a 3rd party card processor such as Protx, WorldPay, Netbanx etc
    2) Use the Actinic shared SSL service to operate this side of things
    We actually opted for (1) as it caused us the least issues

Sorry!

Cheers

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Hi Jos,

Thanks for your help. I have enlisted the help of my hosting company 34sp.com who tell me that they have a good number of Actinic users on their servers. They are very helpful with matters of this sort, but we'll see what the outcome is eventually.

Thanks again,

David

Comment

For your sake, I hope they can get it working...

If they do I wouldn't mind having a quick peek at how your SSL NEtwork Settings are configured as it might help my host!

Cheers

Jos
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
        www.internetology.co.uk
        Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Hi Jos,

Sorry to say I've now gone a completely different way and it works brilliantly!

Actinic sort of partners with securehosting.com and this gives a payment gateway which is actually built into Actinic 7. Just a few quick mouse clicks and you've got a secure server which captures your credit card details. I have used securehosting through another shopping basket for a couple of years and can say I am very happy with their service.

If you want any further information, just send me an email.

Regards,

David

Comment

Working...
          X