Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade v6 to v7 cost?

Hello, i have actinic catalog v6
    Am i right in thinking if i want to upgrade to v7 i have pay for the full product. If so why do actinic not introduce a discounted upgrade option like other software companies. ie adobe and macromedia, im sure there must be lots of other people who dont bother to upgrade for ages because of the price of doing so. If there was a more viable option im sure everybody would be happy.
    What does actinic have to say about this. Surely more money for them is better than none.
    Regards
    Wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

Wesley,

I think the simple answer is yes, you are wrong. Visit

http://www.actinic.co.uk/shop/acatal..._Upgrades.html

and you can upgrade for £250

Dave
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

ok i am wrong
      Its £250 from actinic for a v7 upgrade from v6
      Its £290 for a full V7 product from online sellers.
      I dont think that £40 is much of a saving.
      Its only my word on the matter, but I would be better of buying the full product and selling my old one if Actinic will allow this.
      Of course someone has to pay for all the work that goes into the product but I do think a lower price for an update would increase sales of V7 for actinic and make their customers happy.
      Regards
      Wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

It is a bit more than most people can swallow but I think its well worth it.

You would be better buying "Actinic Cover" for the same price as the upgrade and you will get any new versions released in the next 12 months as part of cover.
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Selling on a used 'activation key' for your original software is not allowed as far as I am aware, but you would need to get clarification from Actinic direct on this, but the Key that is used for your current v6 site is tied to your site believe it or not and by the path of sale direct to you from Actinic, or via a reseller, connected to you, so the sale of your license onto a third party might be against the license agreement if a site has ever been deployed with that license.

Cover for Catalog is more than just the initial upgrade thou, for which you get direct support with Actinic Developers, plus it is for 12 months, so any major version release within the 12 months of cover is provided for you as part of that initial cover purchase.

Hope that helps a bit, or if not good news, then sorry

Comment

Working...
          X