running from a CD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running from a CD ?

first site in developer 7 up and running .. client VERY happy and all is tickity boo in the world.

they are now asking if it is possible to have the site on a CD (I assume so they can perhaps use it top display their store contents on saleman's laptops without having to have a net connection).

obviously they won't be able to order this way .. but is it possible to have it simply as a browse-able local site?

can I simply copy the entire site to a CD and it will work? .. I am thinking perl and cgi stuff really ..

is there an easy way to give them this ..

incidentally if you want to peek at my first fumblings (be gentle please) checkout www.berkshireofficefurniture.com

thanks all ...

D

Hello David,

I'm not qualified to answer your query, but I did take a look at the site. Nice design, but there is an issue you might want to look at.

After making a purchase the basket displays as it should, but then the customer is bounced out of the online store. They are left with the navigation at the top. Intro: About Us: Renovation: Online Store: Other Services:

Thought you should know, as I'm sure you will want to amend this.

Best wishes,

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

You can either install apache on each laptop (instructions in the advanced user guide) then the full site will work scripts etc

Or possibly just copy over the site html files to get the shop pages without scripts

Comment

You could try this to get the Preview Pages onto a simple standalone system.
        Code:
        Make the following directory structure

Localcopy  (or the root folder if making a CD) put single file C:/Program Files/Actinic v7/Act_PreviewWarningPage.html in here)
        --Sites    (no files needed here just a container for the Site1 folder)
        ----Site1  (put all .js .gif and .jpg files from  C:/Program Files/Actinic v7/Sites/Site1 in here)
        ------PreviewHTML  (put everything from C:/Program Files/Actinic v7/Sites/Site1 in here)
         		    Make a shortcut from P_index.html in here to the desktop to give the
        		    client something to click.

Alternatively make the shortcut to the top level folder 
                            (and call it index.html) if putting this lot on CD.
        This rather clumsy deep directory structure is needed in order for the "This facility is not available in preview mode." to work properly.

You'd also need to include your image files into this structure at the appropriate place.

Whenever you want to update these standalone sites you would do a Preview and then copy the .js files and images (from wherever you keep them) and the entire contents of PreviewHTML from the live system.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks to everyone for this.

Comment

Working...
          X