Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sales messages in template pulling text from somewhere else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sales messages in template pulling text from somewhere else?

I am not sure if the title of this thread makes sense but basically what I am hoping to do is put a couple of text boxes within a template which can refer to maybe a txt file or something similar so the content of that text box can be changed more simply than having to fiddle about with the template.. something therefore the client might be able to do rather than coming to me everytime they want something modified slightly.

this way, different sections can be using different versions of the primary template and could potentially refer to different txt files to make the content of these text boxes relevant to those sections.

for instance, a box containing the top 5 products listed as text, (with the text being hyperlinks to those products), or info on the clients latest exhibition or whatever. I have used Java applets to do this kind of thing before, but they tended to be a bit weighty ... is there another way?

extra fields ? ...

sorry if I am not explaining myself too clearly here .. perhaps I need to wave my hands around more?

for instance, a box containing the top 5 products listed as text, (with the text being hyperlinks to those products), or info on the clients latest exhibition or whatever. I have used Java applets to do this kind of thing before, but they tended to be a bit weighty ... is there another way?

extra fields ? ...
    Hope this helps, if there is a way, I am sure you might be able to find it here, I have found a lot of useful tips here... HTML Goodies

Also, if you are using Dreamweaver, you might try Web Merge 1.0

Eagle
    Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

thanks for taking the trouble .. I shall go and have a peek.

regards,

David

Comment

Working...
      X