Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple List Format Required

Hi
    I've searched the Knowledge Base plus existing threads but can't find anything that helps with my request. We sell export invoices of which there are around 200 variables, each available in various paper grammages, with different price bandings according to the quantities purchased. Since there are so many and most visitors to the site know the product simply by its code, I am looking to simply apply a list format which illustrates the order ref; the variables of the product (50gsm, 80gsm etc) and the applicable prices. Ideally I would like to be able to click the product code to give a pop-up which lists the countries applicable to the product. I'm currently working in smart theme. Can anyone advise?
    Many thanks
    Sarah

List format

Hi Sarah
    I think your best bet is to look at editing the Product Line details. I can give you more info if this is what you want to do. Have a look at www.shop4it.biz/acatalog/Top_20.html and tell me if that is the sort of layout you're looking for (give or take).
    Pat Nelson
    vcommunity - the business to business network
    email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
    www.vcommunity.org.uk
    Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

Ideal Format

Hi Pat
      Perfect, just what I'm looking for. Any advice on editing would be gratefully received.
      Thanks and Regards
      Sarah

Comment

Quickest way

Sarah,

If you can email me a snapshot of your site, I'll take a look and see if I can quickly create a template that does what you want it to.
        Pat Nelson
        www.vcommunity.org.uk

Comment

Ideal Format

Hi Pat

Sorry I've not replied sooner - been on holiday. Is it still ok to send over a snapshot? Presumably the size of the file won't create a problem for you (5 Mb).

Thanks & Regards

Sarah

Comment

snapshot

Hi Sarah,

Yes no problem, send it over
            Pat Nelson
            www.vcommunity.org.uk

Comment

Bouncy emails

Hi Sarah,

I have tried replying to your email but it bounced back.

Here is my reply.

"I have your snapshot and am going to create a layout that will compact the products in a line-by-line display. Do you want this to contain product images or not? If you do, the images will have to be quite small, say, about 100*100 max to keep the tightness of the rows.

When I've done it, I'll set one section to use this new template, snapshot the site up and send it to you. Is there a particular section you'd like me to use - it doesn't really matter because you can change it at any time once I've created the template?

With regards to your original post, where are the variables (50gsm, 80gsm etc) you refer to? I see no CustomVARS and cannot see these variables in the descriptions?

I await your reply!

By the way, if you guys are having problems with your email, we have Exchange-experienced engineers here who may be able to help.
              Pat Nelson
              www.vcommunity.org.uk

Comment

Simple List Format

Hi Pat

There is no need for the line listing to contain images in this particular section although it may be relevant in certain other sections. Could you add the script in and comment it out so that it can be applied to other sections if relevant please?

The section this is applicable to is 'Export Documentation'. I have not added in any CUSTOMVARS to this section because I posted my query before actually doing anything with the section whilst I was working on others.

Incidentally, not sure why the e-mail bounced back. Could be something to do with my Spamkiller?!

Thanks once again for your help.

Best Regards

Sarah

Comment

Cannot email

Sarah,

I still cannot email you in the normal way and I also cannot email you through this forum as you have that option switched off.

I have done the new template but need to send you back your site snapshot and a list of instructions. Please let me know how you would like me to do that given the limitations of my ability to communicate with you!
                  Pat Nelson
                  www.vcommunity.org.uk

Comment

Simple List Format

Hi Pat

Sorry about the problems. I can't understand it cuz my e-mail profile etc is correct. I've also tested it and received e-mails ok. Anyway, I've turned on the e-mail option via the forum so hopefully that will work.

Thanks as always for your help.

Regards

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                    X