Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with text

Hi can any one help as I am at my end with this web shop stuff
    I am trying to make the text in the “extended info” different what I mean is I would like to make some of it bold, some underlined with a different colour. How can I do this? I have looked into it but can’t see how too. I have looked at template manger but I looks very technical to do as I don’t know any Html and I says in the help don’t mess with it if you don’t know any Html.

I have just upgraded from version 4-6 hopeing it would be easier to work with but I can see some new good stuff but you need a degree in Web design to use it!

I am just a motorcycle Engineer with a good understanding of computers but have no training in web site design only with front page and dream weaver, I feel like giving up.

Why cant the software be like Microsoft word or front page where you have tool bars to customise the text in the sections,

Yours Paul vetere

I presume you mean your own descriptive text that you enter for a product. If so you don't have to mess with any templates and can do it like this by adding tags around the text you want to alter:-

The next word is in !!<<b>bold</b>>!! and now it's normal again. Now the next word is !!<<u>underlined</u>>!! and now it's normal again. Now the next word is in !!<<font color=red>red</font>>!!

Finally you can nest these tags:- the following is !!<<b><font color=blue>bold and blue</font></b>>!! and we're normal again.

Try this by copying and pasting the above into any descriptive text on the main product or extended info page and see.

This should be enough to give you some idea how to proceed but a look at an elementary guide to HTML might help. When reading this note that the !!< and >!! are special Actinic only tags (there will be nothing about them in any books) that tell Actinic that you're including some HTML in your text.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you Norman i will try with this.

yours paul

Comment

Thank you norman for that Works a treat, this Html stuff is hard, what I would like your help with now is how do I get bold red underline text?
        What is the code for changing the size of the text?

In the extended information I have a photo and some text what I would like to do is centre the photo with the text under the photo. I can get the text under the photo but I don’t know the how to get the photo in the centre, I think this is one of those NETQUOTEVAR things. Can you help with this?

Yours in hope Paul vetere

Comment

>How do I get bold red underline text?

Now you should have been able to infer it from the prior post. It's !!<<b><font color=blue><u>underlined bold and blue</u></font></b>>!!

And here's a simple way to adjust the size up and down. !!<<b><font color=blue size="+2"><u>2 sizes bigger underlined bold and blue</u></font></b>>!!

!!<<b><font color=blue size="-2"><u>2 sizes smaller underlined bold and blue</u></font></b>>!!

The size range can go from -1 to -6 and from +1 to +6. You can also try it without the + or - which then sets an absolute size.

Best get that introductory HTML book. You could have learned all the above with one sitting in the toilet.

Regarding your extended information problem that involves editing Act_ExtendedInfo.html and I'll leave that for you to work out yourself or for someone else to help. It's quite a simple template luckily.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X