actinic link expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic link expired

Hi, having downloaded the trial v7 business, i am attempting to run actinic link with quickbooks. However when I run link it infoems me it has expired. Is there no evaluation period for this.
    regards
    wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

I understand that the Link is now integrated with the licence for Business, so trial of Business or what ever you started your trial with will be linked to this, so, as long as your trial copy of the software on its own is still active and within the 30 days, then the link should also be operational for that same trial period - Unless Actinic can say otherwise in the v7 form, but pretty sure that is correct.

Comment

hello, i have just installed the v7 demo today and its on day 1 of the trial period, link does not work it is insisting on a code.
      thanks for the quick reply.
      wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Afraid one for Actinic to confirm I am afraid then, as we thought it was operable under the same trial, so might be a bug in the trial options or maybe just not something which is operational under trial mode maybe, sorry. Try raising a support query with actinic at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm to see if a direct request for help can confirm or tell you how to achieve the trial of both at the same time.

Comment

hi, just had an email from acctinic stateing that link does not work as a demo on on licensed stores, So that means i can not evaluate it with the demo of business that i planned on using. Seems a little half cooked tom me.
          If you are going to evaluate business which has link built in i dont see why both parts dont work as a demo for 30 days. Unless there is some legal issue with quickbboks/sage
          wesley
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hmmm, new one on us.

You are on a demo at the moment though of Business right? So, the Link is not in demo mode and the Business in licensed mode right?

They are both in demo mode, which is how I and others thought it was supposed to work ok under..

Comment

Here there

The issue which was referred to by support is that you cannot evaluate Link with a licenced v6 (strange one, I know). You are using v7, and it is not licensed, so I think this cannot be the problem....

...Unless you are using v6 at the moment, if that is the case, try entering your Actinic v6 license key into Actinic Link.

Have you ever evaluated Actinic Link in the past? Actinic Link will leave a little thing in the registry when you first install it to prevent people from installing it and uninstalling it on a perpetual basis and never paying for it.

Comment

hi, i will try to enter my key now, i havent installed link before or ever used it.
                thanks
                Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

hello, no go i dont think it is possable to evaluate link which is a shame as i wanted to make sure it did all i need it to first !
                  regards
                  wesley
                  Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

If you go ahead and get the upgrade to Actinic Business v7, Actinic Link will be included with it. If you are unhappy with the functionality, you can return it within the first 30 days and we'll refund your money.

Comment

Working...
                    X