• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nortree Problem

Im having a small problem with the otherwise wonderful Nortree program

I have set a Link prefix to the root of the shop;

http://www.tshirtsville.com/acatalog/

From within the Nortree application, but the menu system still refers to the search script file instead of the hard coded pages that should result from setting this option.

Am I doing something wrong here? Im sure that the menu working like ths is slowing the site down considerably by accessing the .pl file each time someone uses it.

Thanks for your help in advance

Barry

Are you using Business with Logged in customers?

If so the code has to go through the scripts and the LinkPrefix is ignored.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Nortree has been updated about 5 times since the version you seem to be using.

I'd start again with the current version.

See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/ for the download.

Norman

Comment

Thanks so much Norman, spot on!

The site is now much faster

As a thank you, for this and your excellent program, please pick yourself a shirt from the site, email me your shipping address and ill send it out to you

Thanks again Norman and keep up the excellent work!

Barry

Comment

I did download Nortree from your site again only last week trying to fix this

it says HV menu creator v 1.11 at the top and has the version 7 option at the top?

Best Regards

Barry

Comment

I think I know what happened. When you re-install you get updated files in the installation folder. However Nortree won't replace existing files in your Site folder (like nortree_menu_create.js) in case you've customised them. So you probably had the correct file on your system, but in the wrong place.

This is covered in the update notes - www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/nortree/ - Existing users should copy nortree_menu_create.js from the installation folder ( usually C:\Program Files\NorTree ) into your Site folder(s).

Sorry if it's not too clear.

Norman

Comment

Working...
            X