Quantaty / Options Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantaty / Options Purchase

More than likely I will find the answers to this once I have posted! Usually the case, though I have spent most of the weekend trying to suss this one.

Say the cart is selling cars, the shopper would only want ‘Qnty 1’ I don’t want them having to fill in a box for the quantity, they would select a check box for the colour of the car which would equate to buying that car. I have the ‘add to cart’ button set as bottom of each page.

The shopper then needs to be able to select add-ons to the main purchase, if they wish. So we would have a separate product for say entertainment, again with options which they would check radio; cd player, sat-nav, etc.

There would be further add-on options all on the same page.

By clicking the add to cart button on an individual page, the order sent to the cart would be 1 car, option blue, with option cd-player, etc.

Is this all possible, or am I trying to reinvent the Actinic wheel.

Thanks

You can pre-set the quantity to be 1 and leave it visible or hide it altogether.

Copy your product template and give it a new name. Edit that template and replace

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY

with

<!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY --><input type="text" width="4" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="1">

Now use that new template for any products you want to preset. This will set the product quantity to one but still allow it to be altered.

If you want to force a quantity of 1 but have this hidden then use:-

<!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY --><input type="hidden" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="1">

Note that you can change the "1" above to a different default number. And alter the "4" to suit the maximum number of input characters typical of your customers.

Regarding the optional bits this is all standard catalog stuff. Look in the help for Attributes, Choices and Components and also at the demo site that's set-up when you install Catalog as this shows you jsuch things.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Product quantatity

Norman Thanks

Haystack and needle have just sprung to mind, never could find the right template, but I will.

All makes sense, thanks v much.

Cheers

Terry

Comment

Working...
      X