Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Problem

Hi all,
    I have set a standard shipping charge of £55.00 because I sell by the pallet load, but occasionally I get asked for a sample which is free. However I charge the shipping on this.
    How can I set the shipping so that it is ,say £3.00, for the sample and not the standard charge of £55.00

Many thanks in advance

Michael

Depends upon your application of shipping charge Casper...

Either way in the table where you define shipping charges set the first line to a trigger such as £0.01 or 0.01Kg for example to levy a minimum shipping fee, indeed if you want to offer free shipping on a free sample make the £0.00 trigger a shipping cost of £0.00 then from there set your shipping table increments at a value where by logic it would be a pallet. This could be £100.00 or 100.00kg and you know your weights / values better than I... where that value triggers the pallet rate of £55.00

At an average weight or value per pallet you can then set the maximum / optimum package data, so on a rough assumption a second, third etc shipping fee per pallet would be applied on larger orders.

Comment

Regarding FREE SHIPPINGZ on specific Shipping CLASSes

Hi david or casper,

i have this similar question but i need to clarify with you guys..

As i am selling this shirt buttons for a free shipping. The thing is that "free shipping" only goes to those who uses a specific shipping agent- like Air parcel or sal parcel..NOT fedex which are likely to be more expensive.

Can the method be done this way, 1st, Create a NEW CLASS, say Free shipping and on the table, add a new RoW, with the value, 1.0kg = $.0 cost. Then, if exceed, what should i set? "auto increment?" or "pick the highest rate"? please guide me.. Thanks.

With Regards,
      Sweee
      Http://www.hst.com.sg

Comment

Hi,

"free shipping" only goes to those who uses a specific shipping agent- like Air parcel or sal parcel..NOT fedex
        You need to add the free option into the class for 'Air Parcel' and 'Sal Parcel' but not to the Fedex class.

I hope this helps.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X