Memory leak using v7.01 with W98 SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read the v7.02 announcement... can you please confirm that this will resolve the memory leak bug when using with W98SE, as I couldn't find any reference to this in the list of fixes?....(may have missed it). My system resources are draining down to less than 5% within 30-40 minutes of working with v7.01, causing an eventual crash.

Could it have been this one:

17. After navigating the content tree for a long time, you should no longer receive an 'out of memory' error message. Ref: a_c/1376

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike.... looks like it might be the one ... I was having a sleepless night and missed it. If someone from Actinic Development could confirm that this is expected to solve the more severe memory leaks in W98SE this would be very re-assuring. Thanks again Mike.

Comment

Hi Paul,

I can confirm that the memory leak caused by navigating the content tree after a period of time has been fixed for the forthcoming patch - v7.0.2

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem.... during my correspondence with your colleague Darren in support I understand that W98SE is particularly susceptible to this memory leak... are the development team aware of and confident of fixing this particular W98 problem?

Comment

Hi Paul,

I understand that W98SE is particularly susceptible to this memory leak
            This is because of how Windows 98 operating system handles memory. (Allocating memory and releasing it). Which is completely different to Windows XP/2000 operating system.

confident of fixing this particular W98 problem
            We can safetly say this bug has been fixed, But i have to say this is not a windows 98 issue. It is a bug within v7.0.1. The issue is within the actual actinic application not releasing memory when you navigate around the content tree. This has since been fixed in 7.0.2

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem... sounds good.

Comment

Working...
              X