Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUSTOMVAR Only Getting Defaults

Hi

I am using CUSTOMVAR for inputing information on products where fields do not already exist. The problem I have is that whilst the generator produces the html files with the references, only the default values for the CUSTOMVARS are coming out on the page.

The layout I have is a bespoke template but I do not think it is a layout problem since the default value is shown.

Anyone any ideas?
    Cheerio,
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Can you check that you have ticked 'Use as Customvar' on the property at the product level.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hiya

This has been solved by Suresh, apparently the default value in Actinic for a customer variable is not a default value but a constant value.

We were under the impression that if you defined a default, then when you have not specifically defined a value for a CUSTOMVAR at product level then the default would kick in!!!

So, consider this closed, but Chris may think about having the name changed from default to constant on the literal?
      Cheerio,
      Chris

Comment

Hi,

We were under the impression that if you defined a default, then when you have not specifically defined a value for a CUSTOMVAR at product level then the default would kick in!!!
        As long as all products are using the same product line template with the custom property in it then this is how it should work. I have tested it out and it does work.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X