Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accomodation - hotel rooms & properties

Good morning all,

Does anyone use Actinic v.7 to sell accomodation?

That is, does anyone use it to sell hotel rooms or to book a property e.g. ski chalet for a weekend

If YES - how do you find Actininc for that purpose and what's your URLs so i can take a look.

Thanks
    Kerri

Hotel sites

There are several sites for clients which use Actinic for hotel/room booking. It works really well, in my opinion. What exactly is it that you're trying to do?
    Pat Nelson
    vcommunity - the business to business network
    email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
    www.vcommunity.org.uk
    Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

Any example sites???

Hi Pat

Thanks for your reply post. Can you post some web addresses (URLs) for the sites that use actinic for bookings, I would really love to seee how they work it.

Here's a scenario for you to help explain what I am looking to do:
      Client owns four chalets in the Alpes that they rent out all year round with the peak periods being the Ski season and the summer season. They would like their customers to be able to book online by the day/week/month etc. The web site also needs to show availability. Prices need to vary according to season with "low season", "high season" "peak" and "Christmas/Easter" rates. The unavailable dates need to show as "sold out" and be visible for a long time as the peak times book up months in advance.

I can only think of doing this by having each day as a seperate "product" and the customer would then have to add each day/product they wanted to their basket. This is a rather long way round and would actually require numerous product types for the same day as 2 chalets are 4 bedroom and the other 2 are 6 bedrooms. Is there another way of doing it? I'm not saying I want an Expedia type of system, but something close using Actininc would be fantastic.

I have worked with Actininc v.6 in the past for products and it was very successful. I would love to use it for this new project I am working on for this client, but need to make sure it would carry out all functions required for the business to operate to its full potential.

I understand that Actininc works best with physical products rather than services, but I am sure there must be a way to create a solution for hotel bookings.

Any ideas or example sites you can post would be really appreciated.

Thanks
      Kerri

Comment

Hi,

I haven't done hotel bookings before but it seems to me that if you set up 365 products and monitor the inventory you could create a pretty good site.
        http://www.TheLondonPoject.ca
        Located at Vancouver, Canada

Comment

Example Sites - Anyone?

Does anyone know of any example sites that use Actininc for hotel/property bookings?

Please post URLs.

Thanks
          Kerri

Comment

Short on URLs

Kerry,

Sorry. Haven't had time to post URLs, but will try to do so this weekend. You could in the meantime take a look at sites like Broadmoor Hotel. This sort of thing is do-able without Actinic but a much simpler solution could be done in Actinic if you're clever about using the stock functionality - similar to BeerHunter's suggestion.

If it is a fairly small establishment and you're set on using Actinic, I would tend to go more down the route of dynamically linking to an Access/SQL Server database and do the booking functionality there and regularly update Actinic as bookings are made.
            Pat Nelson
            vcommunity - the business to business network
            email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
            www.vcommunity.org.uk
            Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

Working...
            X