Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No email notification of new orders

Hi all,

I've just set up my new shop using Actinic business but I'm not getting email notification for new orders!

The send email notification about new orders is ticked. What else could be causing problems?

Thanks
    Ken
    London Kettlebells

You should check the SMTP server address that you are using within the Network Settings.

This is normally the culprit, with 'localhost' working in a lot of cases (without the quotes), but is dependant on the host, otherwise if you have Authenticated SMTP services with your host, then use those details and see if that works

Comment

The servers are set up properly I think

I tested it out and actinic is sending me test emails but no order notifications. I'm having a fun day sitting by my amchine waiting for them to drop through
      London Kettlebells

Comment

I've just tried advanced->network settings and I can't get it to email from there. I did get two test emails though earlier through the network settings wizard.

I've checked mail settings over and over and they work through outlook and they are correct. Any suggestions?

Thanks
        London Kettlebells

Comment

When you say emails are ok in Outlook but not in Actinic, is your email using POP b4 SMTP, auth SMTP or is it automatic from ISP provisions.

What do you have in the SMTP settings at the moment?

Comment

current settings (actinic)

auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk
            usr name
            pwd

same settings used in outlook. It takes the user name and password from the pop3 mail servers
            London Kettlebells

Comment

As in within outlook you have set the setting "My Server Requires Authentication"?

If so, then it should be fine, but if it is not authenitcated SMTP, then you may need to use the sendmail patch built by Norman, but did you try the smtp address of "localhost" without the quotes and no username/pwd?

Comment

yep,

thats what I have set. Outgoing server requires authentication, blah blah blah

Didn't work with localhost. Eep!

Big time stress. i've had a few people look at the setting sand its all correct, no idea what else could be causing the problems.
                London Kettlebells

Comment

Argh!

major time hair restore time needed.

I got it sorted - settings messed big time.

although for my outlook settings the SMTP servers are set as 1and1.co.uk for actinic it needed oneandone.co.uk

Also it didn't require any user name or password.

Absolutely bizarre but I'm glad its working now. Thanks for all help. Now can anyone recommend a good wig shop?
                  London Kettlebells

Comment

Working...
                  X