Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing clients with order manager and differnet versions of Actinic

Hi,
    We have bought order manger for a number of our clients whom we have developed web sites for. How does companies in this situation manage the versions of actinic when patches and upgrades come out. When we upgrade we seem to have to ask all our clients to upgrade their order manager software or we get errors when downloading orders. We bought order manger this week and got v7, but we are using 6.2 developer and the two won't work on the same shop.

This will become very messy and time consuming for us and customers if we have to ask them to upgrade every few months. Or else we'll all have to stick with version 6.2 and not get any benefits from upgrades.

I'd like to hear what other people do.
    thanks,
    Breda

Lots of virtual PCs with different boots that launch the appropriate version (sub-version) or as you say, get the end client to update to the next versions I am afraid

If am not mistaken though, in v7 a feature is supposed to exist that allows intermediate sub-versions to be run on the same v7 software under developer, so you could in theory have a site in it under 7.0.1 and other in 7.0.2 so that the 7.0.1 does not need to upgrade in its sub-versions and it should all work hunky doreyyy - i think - Can actinic confirm that one pls.

Comment

Can actinic confirm that one pls.
      You are correct. With v7 we have made a policy of not making any database changes between minor releases e.g. from 7.0.1. to 7.0.2 or eventually from e.g. 7.1.3 to 7.1.4. This means you can have a copy of Developer on 7.0.2 and then have the Order Managers on 7.0.1.

The issue comes with a significant interim release e.g. 7.1.0 or 7.5.0. You will not be able to have Developer on e.g. 7.5.1 and still have Order Managers on 7.0.1.

Hope that's clear.

Comment

Working...
      X