search by letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

search by letter

i make catalog whith disk and i'd like to create menu consists of letters linked with singers. in other words i want user after click on letter for exemple B see list of singers whose names start on this letter for exemple Bjork Beatles Baby Mammoth and so on. Is it possible??

Use sections

Create 26 subsections in your main section - one for each letter of the alphabet and drop your products into the right section
    Pat Nelson
    vcommunity - the business to business network
    email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
    www.vcommunity.org.uk
    Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

that's wonderful idea thank you. but then i have another problem how could i automatize process of "drop your products into the right section"?? couse i have about thousand products.. but still may be actinic's search could use patterns smth like ^a* ^b*

Comment

Excel or Access?

You would have to do it outside of Actinic - in a CSV file, edited in Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet which you would then import into Actinic.

Alternatively, you could use an Access database and then dynamically link to Actinic.

The trick within Excel/Access would be to set the Section Text according to the first letter of the name of the product. Take a look at the IF function in Excel or the Make/Amend Table query tools in Access
        Pat Nelson
        vcommunity - the business to business network
        email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
        www.vcommunity.org.uk
        Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

Working...
        X