X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank product

Hi.

I wonder if someone can help.

On the front page of the store, we have the sections in a table. The only problem is, there is an odd number of sections, 7. To get round this, I made an empty section in order for everything to look nice and tidy you can see what I mean here http://www.portablewelders.com/acatalog

You can see nut welding sits nicely on the left hand side, the only down side to doing this is that it also puts an unused bullet point in the sitemap.

And because there are lots of odd numberd sections and products throughout the site, I have used this same method in other places. It is not causing a problem, I am just a perfectionist.

Does anybody have a better way of making a dummy section, which doesn't leave blank bullet points and unusual spacing in the section tree?

Thanks.

Ben

Hi,

Instead of having an extra section you could try setting a width for the section boxes in the section template. Click on 'Advanced | Template Manager' and then on the 'Section' tab (click 'Change View' if you don't see the tabs). Then click on the 'Child Sections' button to open the template. Change:

<table width="100%"

to

<table width="350"

(you may need to play around with the width to get the correct setting).

Save the template and update the site.

This should stop the extra bullet point in the SiteMap.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

That works perfectly, just need to tweek the sizes and the alignment.

Thanks

Ben

Comment

Working...
      X