Section boxes on main store page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section boxes on main store page

Hello All! Please pardon another newbie quesiton.

My test site has a orange framed box around my section descriptions and a orange bar behind the section header on the main page of my store. I would like to remove the framed boxes and bar around the section parts.

Can anyone point me to the page that i would have to edit to make the copy all black and the frame dbox and bar to disappear or at least be white.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks in advance!
    Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I take it you are using the 'Best Seller' theme for your site? If this is the case then the boxes you describe are set in the Act_SectionLineBoxes.html template (Advanced | Template Manager | Sections tab | Child Sections button).

class="thinred2" - determines the line around the box
    class="boxheader - determines the bar

You can either remove them from the template or change the style sheet (Template Manager | Miscellaneous tab | CSS Files | Actinic.css) reference for these classes to change the colour.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks very much Tracey!

I am slowly gettign there with figuring this stuff out but couldn't do it without all the great help on this forum.

Any chance you can tell where to change the colour of the text from those boxes. I figured out how to remove the frames and borders from your post but know my header copy is still white and only shows up when you move over top of it with your mouse. I know I am missing something simple. I woul dalso like ot be able to remove the border around the products and categories themselves. If you can tell me where to find this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for all your help!

Comment

Hi,

Any chance you can tell where to change the colour of the text from those boxes.
        This is coming from the style sheet. It is using the style 'boxlink'. You can edit the style sheet - find:

a.boxlink:link{
        color:NETQUOTEVAR:PALBGCSS;
        font-size:10px;
        text-decoration:none;
        }

change

color:NETQUOTEVAR:PALBGCSS;

to the colour you want to use, ie:

color:black;

(could also be a hexidecimal number for the colour if you want, ie #000000; (hex for black))
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey

Thanks for your help!

I am new to Actinic! can you tell where or how to edit the NETQUOTEVAR code?

Cheers!
          Kevin

Comment

Yep

Go to 'Advanced | Template Manager'. If you get a blue and white graphical thing click 'Change View' and go to the 'Miscellaneous' tab.

Click 'CSS Files' and then 'Edit'. This will open 'actinic.css' for editing.

Comment

Great - thanks very much! I now have a lot of things fixed.

I owuld still like to make the text that appears in the area telling me what is in my cart to be in black.

Can anyone help me with where I would chnage this attribute?

Again - thanks for all the great help!

Comment

Hi Kevin,

You can change this in your primary templates (go to 'Design | Options | Layouts' to check your default primary templates). Open them up in some HTML editing software such as notepad and search for:

<td height="25" background="cart_bg.gif"><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:PALBGCSS" size="1"><strong>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                <script language="JavaScript">
                <!--
                document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp;");
                document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE&nbsp;" + getCartItem(1));
                // -->

</script>
                </strong></font></td>

Change:

NETQUOTEVAR:PALBGCSS

to the colour you want. You will also have to make the change to any custom primary templates that you may have created.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

That worked great!

Thanks again for all the great helpa nd support on this forum!

Cheers!
                  Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X