Coupons settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupons settings

We usually include a paper coupon when we ship an order. Actually, there's a prompt that ask the client to write down his coupon number (if he has one) in a user definable prompt. When he pays, he has to deduct the amount from is invoice total amount. We have to send them a corrected invoice. Sometimes he forget, etc...

In V7, is there a way that the client would inserts his coupon number with the amount (could vary from 1$ to 5$) somewhere and the amount would automatically be deduct from the invoice total.
    There's no triggering (amount, product, etc.). It would only work if a client want to used his coupon.

I cannot get a setting to work ! What would be the settings in « Discount and surcharge settings »

Thank you !
    Bernard Morin

Hi,
    I wanted to know how do your coupons actually work? If I understand your need you have coupons that are valued from $1 to $5. With no triggering just entering the coupon code for the next order from the coupon that is included in your package to the customer.

If this is the case:
    Then you could add
    Coupon 1 - Trigger on $0 Amount $1
    Coupon 2 - Trigger on $0 Amount $2
    Coupon 3 - Trigger on $0 Amount $3

Enable using total cart value excluding tax by amount

etc...

Hope this helps...
    Eagle
    Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Right on ! Thank you !
      So simple ! I wonder why I was not able to get it !

For my Coupon code, can i use « wild » letters like « * » or « ? » ?
      For example, « 1$ 300? » for « 1$ 3001 », « 1$ 3002 », « 1$ 3003 », etc...
      Bernard Morin

Comment

Hi Cactus,

Glad I could help, after all they always say that two heads are better than one.

As for your next question:

For my Coupon code, can i use « wild » letters like « * » or « ? » ?
        For example, « 1$ 300? » for « 1$ 3001 », « 1$ 3002 », « 1$ 3003 », etc...
        I would assume that this would not be possible since the documentation says...
        A coupon is simply a piece of text, chosen by you, that is used to trigger a discount. Customers can enter these coupons into a field in the store page, or they can follow a special link into the store (that you provide your customers with) that automatically activates the coupon.
        I believe that the way the code works is similar to VB scripting where is looks at an INST$ for the coupon and matches on characters. So if you would enter the text "1$ 300?" it would look for exactly that text. I foresee the problem this might cause in printing coupons ahead of time to have on hand. My thoughts are that the coupon was designed for specials for the month, buy two get one free, things like that. I have my accounting system print the coupon on the packing list to all customers that have spent $100 or more. The thing here is that you would have to put a coupon code in for each "piece of text" that you chose. I also use a password generator to generate the coupon code. For instance I have a coupon running this month for FREE SHIPPING (262C2BD3E38A369) that was generated. Using the password generator assures me that no two coupons will be the same ever. I also use a little program that I wrote in VB that converts the current month and dollar amount to hexadecimal to give the actual text for the coupon. This way I do not have to print coupons in advance. I just put the code in the extended text line at the bottom of the packing list.

Hope this helps
        Eagle
        Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Working...
        X