Re Indexing of Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re Indexing of Products

Hi, we have been running out catalog for some time and would like to re-index our catalog, so lets say we have 5 products but numbers 2 and 4 have been deleted i want to make product number 3 become number 2 and number 5 become number 3. I know this would be complicated but is it possible ?

Thanks and hoping it can be done
    James
    ------------------
    ModelPower.co.uk - Quality Batteries - Affordable Prices

If you have deleted the products from the structure of your catalog, then they would become that positioned within the list, or are you on about the reference numbers for the products i.e. 1, 2, 3, in which case if you are using manual control of reference numbers, then so long as you have purged the data base of deleted products, which would mean 2 and 4 were now gone, you could then change the reference numbers.

Comment

I am not using manual references, but i pull the information out of the database another way, am i correct in thinking that if i add a new product to the database it will fill a product id number that doesnt exhist or will it place that product with a product id 1 higher than the last product entered ?
      James
      ------------------

Comment

The way to do this is to switch off auto generation of product IDs (View / Business Settings / Options tab), you can then go into each product and change the number to the one you want or to a code. Don't be tempted to change the product references outside of Actinic because that code is the key field for many of the tables in the database and so changing it outside of Actinic could break things.

If you leave autonumbering on then the next generated ID will be one bigger than your current highest ID.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Nope it doesn't

I tried that jan, it any new product i add just uses the odd numbers that have been deleted. Could i ask for an idea to be put on the wishlist so that you can at a click of a button the products get re-indexed. like in my previous post.

Thanks

James
          James
          ------------------

Comment

I have added this for you.

Comment

Working...
            X