Adding a navigation bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a navigation bar

I have a navigation bar running through my entire site, untill recently this was a frame but I was hoping to remove frames from the site altogether. The bar navigates all sections of the site including those outside the shop (actinic) section.
    At the moment the non actinic section of the site is not run through the brochure section of actinic. Is there a simple way to add a template or css to every page (except maybe checkout pages) within the actinic section of the site? I have looked throught the advanced user guide but can't see any clues.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Alex Paul

some themes have .CSS you should start with one of these
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Do you think this approach would be better than hard coding into one of the headder templates?

Alex

Comment

I would always hard code
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Is there a simple way to add a template or css to every page (except maybe checkout pages) within the actinic section of the site?

You can add a line similar to

<LINK REL=STYLESHEET HREF="stylesheet.css">

to the <HEAD> section of your Overall Layout tempalte (normally called 'Act_Primary.html') to link each page to a stylesheet. You would then need to remove any hard-coded <font face="arial"...> tags from your templates.

The ideal, of course, would be to change to a theme based on stylesheets, but if you have deign elements you wish to retain, then what I describe is the only way.

The Overall Layout template is used on every page of the site (althogh you can have a different one for your checkout pages) so this is a good place to put in any consistent navigational elements. The overall layout templates for your brochure pages is normally called 'Act_BrochurePrimary.html'.

Comment

Working...
          X