Using Customvars to display additional images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Customvars to display additional images

We've been fiddling around with Customvars over the weekend to try to find a way of displaying multiple images for the same product. I looked for this on the Community threads but couldnt find it.

I think we have succeeded, and our method might help others with the same need.

The example is here:
    http://www.tutor2u.net/acatalog/Economics_Posters.html

Basically, we edit the product template to show the picture source as a Customvar, and then create a separate customvar to provide a hyperlink for each image. To aviod confusion for customers searching for products, we disable each customvar from the search function.

Any comments from Actinic experts as to whether this is a valid approach? Are we storing up trouble doing it this way?

Jim
    www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

I think there's something about this in the Advanced Guide.

Also I did a patch that lets you have multiple images that are attached to an Attribute. You can have an icon per choice and the main image changing to match the choice selected. See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/ for it.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

CUSTOMVARS are good way to display more than 1 image but IMHO it is much better to combine however many graphics you have into 1 graphic.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
      X