Trying to get other Variables to display in ACT_SHOPPINGCARTXML.html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get other Variables to display in ACT_SHOPPINGCARTXML.html

Ok the customer wants to display more information than is already shown in the shopping cart, So logically I said ok I will try either a CUSTOM VAR or EXTENDED INFO VAR

So firstly I tried the NETQUOTEVAR:INFOTEXT and as usually since its not global it just showed the txt NETQUOTEVAR:INFOTEXT bleh!(whats the story with this actinic Why can more usual vars like that be global??)

(on a side note it worked perfectly as a popup)

So I said it must be a custom var so ran though all the setting up of custom var stuff, checked that it was displaying on my product page (no probs) added CUSTOMVAR:MOREINFO to my ACT_SHOPPINGCARTXML.html and it didnt bother showing anything at all, even though it works elsewhere, so my question is, is there a way to custom vars working on this page. I really need to get this info showing, so any help would be appreciated
    Cheers
    Gearóid

on a side note it worked perfectly as a popup

Not too surprising. Pop-up pages are all part of the generated HTML of the site so you have a lot more flexibility about what goes where. The only information that is displayed in the shopping cart page are the details extracted from the secure BLOB (*.cat) files for that section. This is for security reasons.

The only extra information that can be included in an order for a product is the 'Report Description' text that is normally used to give a longer description about the product in the invoices. You could put some custom text in this. It won't show up though.

You could also include a zero-price non-optional component and use the name of that to put extra text into the shopping cart.

Comment

The only extra information that can be included in an order for a product is the 'Report Description' text that is normally used to give a longer description about the product in the invoices. You could put some custom text in this. It won't show up though.
      Why wont it show? Is there any way to make it show? The client has actinic cover and we were talking to ben yesterday about this so we are wondering is there anyway to get this to work?

Ill try the non-optional component thing and will let you know how i get on
      Cheers
      Gearóid

Comment

Norman Rouxel has a patch for a 'poor man's digital download' this includes details of how to display the report description on the receipt page and the customer email. His patches are at

http://www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html

the patch that you might want to look at is at

http://www.rouxel.cwc.net/ReportDesc...tomerEmail.txt

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan, but its V6 I am working for, Normans patch that you are talking about is V5, and to be honest I wouldnt call myself much of a perl hacker, I can follow instructions alright but, I wouldnt claim to have a good understanding of how the Perl works in putting the shopping cart together, I tried Norman's V5 script just for the sake of it and unfortunately it fell over But I wont give up hope yet, but yes what Norman's script does for V5 would be perfect

Cheers
          Gearóid

Comment

Sorry, I used them in V6 but only the email parts.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X