Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What info is used during Card Authorisation

Hiya

In the checkout stages one captures the persons name and address details. They are then directed to a payment service provider (in our case SecPay) who authorise the payment.

My question is:

What information does the payment service provider use/need to authorise/validate the card?
    Is it the persons name, address, credit card number and card expiry date … or other? I assume the persons name and address is linked to their credit card number?

With SecPay, when the person enters their card details the ‘Name’ field is automatically populated from the info captured on the previous ‘Enter Invoice Address’ screen. The person then simply enters the card number and dates etc … and then authorise the transaction (no address details are mentioned or displayed on this screen). I was just wandering if SecPay actually use the invoice address captured on the previous ‘Enter Invoice Address’ screen in their card validation process?

Thanks

hp.
    mobilize-me ltd
    www.mobilize-me.com

Yes, Secpay are given the address information and use it during the validation process. If you look at the confirmation emails you get for each order you should see the results of the address validation such as:

- All match
    - Address match
    - Address/Postcode match
    - CV2 match

etc.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Mike

Was thinking of displaying the shoppers address details they entered in the previous page above where they enter their card details, so that is handy to know.

Thanks again,

hp.
      mobilize-me ltd
      www.mobilize-me.com

Comment

Working...
      X