component error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

component error

On a product i have an atribute which is size and a component which is say a wig, for some reason on certain products if you do not order the component it does not show the size and if you do order the component it shows the size under the component? very strange
    I have not copied and pasted (learned that lesson the hard way)
    any ideas?

Thanks
    Paul

Hi Paul

Do you have a website which has this problem? If so, please could you post your URL for us to look at.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

www.islandentertainmentsonline.com

thanks

Comment

Hi Paul

I have been onto your site and gone to http://www.islandentertainmentsonlin...MENS_WIGS.html, but cannot see any size for the wigs.

Anyway, re-reading what you have written on the following.
        if you do not order the component it does not show the size and if you do order the component it shows the size under the component? very strange
        Have you set the product up like the following picture, and set the component as optional. If so, then this is working as designed.

Please advise

Kind Regards
        Attached Files
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Have you ticked the box for component as a seperate line. I'll give you a run down of how i do it. I'm creating 2 sizes for a roman wig, with different prices.

1. Create a product called Roman Wig (Code of ROMWIG).
          2. Enter the description and the image (do not enter a price)
          3. Create 2 products with the product codes you want. I.e ROMWIGSM and ROMWIGLRG. Also add the descriptions.
          4. Add the prices.
          5. Create a component, then an attribute and name them whatever.
          6. Then create 2 choices. Call 1 small and the other large.
          7. Edit the component and click on the 'Component As Seperate Order Line'
          8. Then click the other tab 'Permutations'
          9. In the products section link to the two product codes.
          10.Go to the pricing and select Associated Product.
          11.Go to the Tax section and click 'Tax From Associated Product'
          12.Go to the choices and add the prices into the HTML. I.e Price £2.50
          13.Check with the product 'ROMWIG' that the pricing model (under components) is set to Sum of products and component prices.
          14. Upload and check.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want, hopefully it is, because its taken me 10 minutes to write it
          Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
          When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Working...
          X