Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Product reference numbers

Position:

We urgently need to offer discounts to account holders. In order for Actinic to realise who gets discount, we want to associate certain members with particular products.

To associate products with members, new product references have been written. The codes symbolise the default supplier for each product. It was assumed that by replacing the old product references with the new ones. The proposed discount system will work in Actinic.

To assign the new codes to each product, I used the Access database (Actiniccatalog.db) within the site1 folder. I replaced the “product reference” codes in the products table with my new codes.

Problem:

Upon opening Actinic, the program cannot find the old product references and will not open the catalogue. To resolve this issue I have scoured the internet, both Actinic community and knowledge base.

Proposal:

1. I suspect that if we start from the ground, we can formally introduce the existing products to their new codes. This may involve building the site again; perhaps based on a recent idea from my boss. The new site could be easily designed as a trade only site to operate the proposed discount system.

2. Alternatively, there must be a way to disconnect all existing ties that the products have to the existing codes. This may take place in the access database. After disconnection we can introduce the new codes to the products and actinic will recognise the items and arrange them into the catalogue.

What should i do now?

Hi Chris

What version of Actinic are you running, Catalog, Business or Developer?

We urgently need to offer discounts to account holders
    With Business and Developer you can restrict a discount on a customer group. Therefore you would need to create an account group in "View | Customer Group"

To assign the new codes to each product, I used the Access database (Actiniccatalog.db) within the site1 folder. I replaced the “product reference” codes in the products table with my new codes.
    Prior to doing this, did you take a backup of the actiniccatalog.mdb. Because you would need to put back the old product reference numbers

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me Nadeem,

I am using the business version of Actinic (version 7). I have a back up to cover all the changes i have made. Our old product references have been included as an extra column in a table used to generate our new codes.

I found that i can manually change the product codes in the content tree. This writes the changes to the Actiniccatalog.db. However when editing the product references on the spread sheet i encounter problems. Actinic does not open i believe that its still looking for the original codes.

Edtiting the product references would be a lot easier on the products table. Is this possible?

Chris

Comment

Hi there

Edtiting the product references would be a lot easier on the products table. Is this possible?
        Yes, providing they are editing the [Product].[Product Reference] in the ActinicCatalog.mdb.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X