Using more than one machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using more than one machine

Hi - I think there has been some discussion about this before, but I don't think it has been fully bottomed out:

How does everyone actually run their businesses around Actinic? I mean, we currently have a very busy business but all of the Catalog and Order work is done in the same machine as we are lead to believe that any sharing of the datafiles is not possible.

Surely there must be some way of using more than one machine? How do other people do it?

I would like to be somewhere making changes to the catalog, adding products, tweaking layout etc etc, whilst not getting in the way of the bods dealing with the orders. How can I do this?

There must be a way!

sharing actinic

we run actinic on two machines - one for order processing and catalogue maintenance on the other. every time the catalogue is updated and uploaded, we make a 'snapshot' within actinic of the new data, and import the snapshot into the order processing machine to keep it current - i'd be interested to know if there is a more efficient way?

Comment

OK, so it is possible to do a snapshot only of the catalog, and when it is imported on the other machine the orders are not affected? I didn't know that was possible and sounds like it might work for me.

thanks - any info from you other Power Users out there ?

Comment

You can also work on your catalog database structure by exporting your catalog to file, or by creating excel file representation of it, editing that file on a different machine and then importing the file back into Actinic.

We have a tool that allows you to search, view and process orders on several machines, it also allows you to process orders in batches, you can save a lot of time if you use it. You can find more details and a free trial at :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...rocessing.html

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

snapshot

when you import the snapshot into your machine which does the orders, be sure not to check the 'overwrite orders' option and all will be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X