X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Ecommerce v6.1 Beta Programme Begins

v6.1.0 of Actinic Ecommerce is now available for download from:

http://www.actinicdownloads.com/beta/

It is a beta release of the software, which means that we do not know of any problems with it, but there is a possibility there might be issues with certain combinations of operating systems, web servers, internet connections and browsers that we have not been able to account for.

As well as fixing bugs found in previous releases of v6, this version also adds some significant new functionality:

- Order level discounting – Actinic can work out a discount (or a surcharge) on an order based on the amount that the customer spends online
    - New Troubleshooting feature – a set of tools to help you diagnose problems with your website quickly
    - Export a file for submission to Froogle – submit your store to the Froogle.com ecommerce portal.
    - Digital download as an option with Catalog
    - XML-based UPS Online® Tools to replace the DataStream tools. (Actinic Business US version)
    - Theme Backup – when you change themes, your current design will be automatically backed up

Please report any problems with this release to: v6beta@actinic.co.uk.

NB Although we know of no problems with the software, Actinic cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage which may result from using it should a problem arise. We expect that this version will become the full production release after 3 weeks.

Chris tried to download it but after I inputted my details up came

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: An error occurred while reading the information request response file (/data/web/_a/_c/_t/actinicdownloads.com/public/www/beta/s_v6beta.htm). Please contact us directly to report the problem.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact your ISP.

Just to let you know
    Cheers
    Gearóid

Comment

Me too.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Oops

I'm afraid the person who set up the site last night was obviously in a hurry and put a spelling mistake in the form.

Try it now.

Comment

The software is up to 38MB (UK) or 50MB (US) and will take over an hour to download over a normal dial-up connection
          Yet there are only links to the UK versions.... did you forget us here in the USA?

Cheers

GHL
          Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
          Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
          NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Chris

I downloaded and installed 6.1 Beta last night and immediately noticed some problems with my own site after importing a snap shot I had taken from 6.02.

All of the backgrounds that were previously white had turned black.

I have checked my theme colours and everything is ok. It looks like I will have to go through each template indvidually and edit them to say bgcolor="white".

Unless you have any ideas...

The templates I am using have all been edited from the original Actinic and were passed through the site upgrader on install.

Thanks.
            Tim Brown

Comment

Please do not post any questions regarding the beta here. All questions need to go to via email to v6beta@actinic.co.uk.

Greg - we haven't forgotten you. There is a delay in the US 6.1 getting out the door whilst we wait for final approval from UPS on our shiny brand new UPS interface. Apologies, I should have made it clearer on the original posting that currently it is a UK only beta. The web page has now been corrected.

Comment

Working...
              X