2 Images per Product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Images per Product

My Actinic Store sells display cards, each display card has a front and a back image.

Is it possible to allocate 2 images to each product, and then through code and some user-defined variable display both of them?

I'm not after the thumbnail image.

Only other idea I could think of would be to join the two images together in Photoshop(or something) and then display that as one image in the Product.

Just wondering as we currently have 2 graphics per product and it would take quite a while to create/join 300+ graphics.

Thanks.

Originally posted by antons
    My Actinic Store sells display cards, each display card has a front and a back image.

Is it possible to allocate 2 images to each product, and then through code and some user-defined variable display both of them?

I'm not after the thumbnail image.

Only other idea I could think of would be to join the two images together in Photoshop(or something) and then display that as one image in the Product.

Just wondering as we currently have 2 graphics per product and it would take quite a while to create/join 300+ graphics.

Thanks.
    Hi Antons,
    Have you thought of perhaps using the extended info page to display the backs of the cards? You could have the face of the card as the main photo and then include a link in the description "To view back of card click here"

Just a thought cause it would be easier than all the coding and/or merging with photoshop...

Eagle
    Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

found some stuff in the main help file

I'll try that out first.

Comment

Yeah thanks for that idea - but i wanted both pictures to be displayed on the product page without having to use pop-ups or anything.

The main help file shows an example of adding a custom variable, and the example they use is adding a second picture... so im goner give that a whirl.

Comment

Originally posted by antons
          Yeah thanks for that idea - but i wanted both pictures to be displayed on the product page without having to use pop-ups or anything.

The main help file shows an example of adding a custom variable, and the example they use is adding a second picture... so im goner give that a whirl.
          Hi Guy,
          Listen I just tried that on my site. It works great. If you need help let me know. I love it when a plan comes together. I was looking for something similar to that to use for my products that come as a set. One picture for the complete set put together, and the other shows the set layed out and all the pieces. I was using the pop-up, but I likes this better....

Eagle
          Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

I also did a patch that implements dynamic product images. You can have the main image change when a radio button (Front View- Back View) is selected. Also this displays a small icon against each button.

It's on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/ - look for Dynamic Product Images.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X