Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

message on reaching price point

Hi there,

I'm trying to find out whether it is possible within Actinic to either pop up a message or redirect a person to a specific page once their cart contents have reached a price break point.

My customer wants to offer a choice of free gift when an order reaches £50 and would like this to be part of the checkout process.

I have advised him that we could use a User Definable field witha drop down listing the gifts however he would like to preview them on another page and then have them included into the checkout details

I know I'm probably asking too much!

Cheers

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

You can probably do this without resorting to a Perl hack. Look at the JavaScript routines that generate the Cart Count and Value. You could add to these routines so that when the value was reached a call to your popup page is made.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your reply Norman,

Do you know whether once the popup page had been launched I could convey the choice selected back to Actinic so it arrived with the order information?

Jos
      Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
      www.internetology.co.uk
      Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

You could use it to add a hidden zero priced product to the Cart.

If you just want to add a product to the cart (with no components or attributes) from any page that's nothing to do with Actinic then:-

Adding to cart from outside Actinic

Code:
        <a href="http://www.myserver.com/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl?RANDOM=NETQUOTEVAR%3ARANDOM&SID=123PAGEFILENAME=MyProductPage_123.html"&PAGE=PRODUCT&MyProdRef.x=1&MyProdRef.y=1">Click for free gift</a>
        Will do it from anywhere. It just emulates the fields from the product form that would get passed to the cart script.

Where MyProdRef is the product reference, MyProductPage_123.html refers to the products page name and SID=123 uses just the final numeric part of the product's page name (if using default page names). If using user defined page names you'll have to look in each pages source for the SID=nnn value. Note that if you're doing this from your own page then replace the "MyProductPage_123.html" with where you want to go after the Add to cart.

Remember that the customer might subsequently decrease his order below the threshold so you'd either need to have some way of removing this product (difficult) or have a disclaimer reminding them that the total must be met to qualify (easy).

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X