Basket errors when testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basket errors when testing

I've just uploaded my site to do some dummy testing on the basket/checkout by setting up the advanced network options and then selecting refresh website in Actinic.

The temporary URL is www.readingnightlife.co.uk/acatalog/
    Please take a look. (only the Birthdays section has products in it)

Currently, no merchant account or payment/shipping options have been set up. It is still in the design stage.

I have encountered a problem with the basket:

It appears that when I add to the basket its content is picked up by the cgi-bin pages such as search results, view basket and checkout pages but not on the html based pages (eg home, about us, product page).

On the html pages the cart total is incorrect, it either says zero, or picks up a figure from a previous test when it worked (once).

Where potentially could this be rectified?

Many thanks.

Just an update, I tested the cart/basket from another PC and it worked, but later on it didnt work, as if the time of day dictated when it chose to work. And, this morning back at work its acting tempremental again. Can anyone take a look and think of any possible reasons errors may be occuring?
    Thanks people.

Comment

Is that your own template or is it built in?

Comment

Hello, we used a template from Actinic, and then modified the html to give it its own look and feel. I dont believe any netquotevars or crucial bits of code were deleted, so i'm stumped by the cart probs.

Comment

Hello Dave

I just added 2 products to my shopping cart, and I could see the 2 items in my cart display when on the cgi-bin pages on the site, I then went to some acatlog pages... home, about us... the the items remained in the cart display.

So seems to be working as it should, can you please give some more directions on how I coudl recreate the problem you are getting?

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for looking James, it was a case of deleting cookies and clearing offline content in my internet browser. Then it worked okay. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X