No announcement yet.

Major Problems after upgrading to 7.0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> Can I correct this. My path has been 6.1.4 > 7.0.1 > 7.0.2 and I had these problems.

Bob, thanks for the information which I will be passing on to QA. I wasn't suggesting that the sequence I reported was the only one that got the problem, just one that consistently did.

One of the challenges when QA are doing testing is that try as you can, it's still possible to miss things that real users do all of the time. QA are always installing/uninstalling and also doing upgrades, but it seems very rarely doing a series of upgrades, which is what seems to have caught us out on this occasion.

Chris
    Actinic

Comment

Hi Chris

We are currently on 7.0.1 and have been hovering on the edge for some weeks now watching with interest (and growing concern) the upgrade problems experinced by so many users when going to 7.0.2.

Would it be advisable to wait until 7.0.3 (or whatever) is released now that you seem to have located the possible cause of the problems.

Regards

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Weaver
        If the upgrader doesn't kick in, does this mean the upgrade is incomplete?
        Chris could you or someone at Actinic comment on this please?

Tim Weaver
        WISE.CO.UK
        Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
        http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

Sorry for the delay.

While the problem that we've been talking about seems (and is) serious, the work-around is extremely straight-forward, using a facility already built into Actinic. So this particular issue isn't a reason to not upgrade. It's worth noting that Actinic's own online store is using 7.0.2.

Having said that, if I had a live store I would personally hold back on upgrading to 7.0.2 unless there was a specific feature or bug fix that I needed from 7.0.2. "If it works, don't fix it" is always good advice.

Chris
          Actinic

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling
            Having said that, if I had a live store I would personally hold back on upgrading to 7.0.2 unless there was a specific feature or bug fix that I needed from 7.0.2. "If it works, don't fix it" is always good advice.

Chris
            Actinic
            It may be worth noting then that you've just emailed your customers telling them it is there and recommended "Actinic v702 is now available with some great new benefits requested by our users, including:"

I've just fallen over this as I thought it would be worth upgrading just before I split the upload/download side. What is worse is that on my upload PC Actinic crashes when I select the help menu troubleshooting item. I tried manually deleting the scripts, but no fix, and then found this thread.

The key question remains "If the upgrader didn't kick in, does this mean the upgrade is incomplete?" And can I run the upgrader manually? I'll be trying to find this now anyway as it seems to me my system is royally ******.
            Matthew

Comment

FYI, I did a script update on the "download only" catalog (given I'd just imported the site I knew it would be okay) using the troubleshooting option. The first upload said it failed on the merge at the end, but I did another complete refresh (normal menu) and it worked this time. The shop is at least running now, but I'd like to know what the real fix is, and how to get it back to the upload PC now. It will be Tuesday before I respond as I'm about to go away. Thanks.
              Matthew

Comment

The key question remains "If the upgrader didn't kick in, does this mean the upgrade is incomplete?" And can I run the upgrader manually?
                The Site Upgrader will not run as there are no template changes from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2. Unfortunately, this causes problems for some people as the correct *.pm and *.pl scripts for 7.0.2 are not copied into the Site1 folder (as this operation is carried out by the Site Upgrader).

The fix for this to go into 'Help | Troubleshooting' and do a 'Web Site Purge and Refresh' - but as that doesn't work on your machine I suggest you go into the 'Actinic v7\Original' folder and copy all the *.pl and *.pm files from there into your 'Site1' folder. Then refresh the store. You will need to do this on both your upload and download machines (although obviously you cannot refresh from a download machine). But then again, it sounds like you may have already done this.

Long term, you should consider taking a snapshot (and a zip file of your Site1 folder) and then uninstall and re-install your software as it sounds like there are some installation problems.

Comment

Working...
                X