How to Select Multiple Items from a Long List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Select Multiple Items from a Long List

We have a product idea that is attractive in concept. but I'm not sure about the best way to deliver it in Actinic (V7, Business).

We have an archive of about 185 separate case studies. The product idea is to sell individual A3 poster versions of each case study. Typically I'd expect customers to order 5-15 posters at a time.

Ideally, I'd like customers to be able to select the case studies they would like using a check-box style arrangement. Each case study would have a title and a brief description; they can be organised into topic areas if necessary.

Should I go down the individual product listing approach for this, or could components/attributes/choices be used more effectively?

Scratching my (bald) head on this one

Jim
    www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Have a look at the Single Add to Cart Button feature. This will do much of what you need.

You could have a dummy product a the top of the page describing the group.

Then lots of individual products using very compact templates (brief description only perhaps - you could use the Extended Info popups for more info if the customer needed it), each with its own quantity input field.
    Finally the bottom of the page has an Add Selection To Cart button that lets the whole lot be submitted at once.

This method takes care of varying prices and quantities for each item.

There's an example of this on the demo site that you see when you install Actinic. It's the Select Items From A List page. The example isn't very compact but can easily be made so.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X