• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer products from Actinic to Sage

I am moving to Sage line 50

Looking at either Link or upgrade to V7 at present using Business V6

If i export from Actinic I get the file enclosed below

Can any one tell me what colums i need to delete to be able to enter the products data into sage line 50 ver 11 and make it all work as I am using Components and Attributes

It seems very strange that Actinic does not provide clear instructions (yes I have looked at Knowledge base and link download) but i would have thought most people are buying Actinic first and then at a latter date buying a accounting software, so why is there not a feature that transfers automatically the product data from actinic into acceptable data for importing into both Sage and Quickbook

Any help gratefully received
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chris ashdown; 07-Nov-2004, 02:02 PM. Reason: missing file
    Chris Ashdown

Hi Chris

With importing product from Actinic to sage, you going to need to import it as a flat file. From reading the Sage help file, i think you can only do the following:

"Product Code"
    "Description"
    "Stock Category Number"
    "Sale Price"

If you have a look into the Sage Help file and look for "CSV File Structures (Product Records)", you will see a grid of what you should be able to import.

Sage does not use "Components and Attributes" only product, so each choice would be a product.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

if sage it is unable to accept componants and attributes as you say then how then would i be able to upgrade my site from Sage to actinic once i have added the products by manual insertion to sage so that the site was shown as it is at present with both componants and attributes?
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris,

Like i had written before, You can only import products into Sage using a flat file.

With clients who have choices and components and they are using Actinic Link, they have a hidden associated products. So in the main product permutation, the different choices are associated to a hidden product. Therefore a choice is a product.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X