Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assign a hidden var to a User Definable var

Hiya

Within the code in a page (Act_Order02 for example), is it possible for me to assign the value I have in a hidden variable to one of the User Definable variables eg.

NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALPROMPT000 = my_hidden_variable

If it is possible, how would I go about doing this (what code would I use)?

Many thanks,

hp.
    mobilize-me ltd
    www.mobilize-me.com

If your data is in a hidden <input type=hidden id="myhiddendata"> field then try replacing

Code:
    <input type="TEXT" name="GENERALHOWFOUND" size="40" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALHOWFOUND">
    with
    Code:
    <input id="general000" type="TEXT" name="GENERALHOWFOUND" size="40" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALHOWFOUND">
    and add a little JavaScript (after both these fields are defined)
    Code:
    <script language=JavaScript>
    <!--
    document.getElementById('general000').value = document.getElementById('myhiddendata').value;
    //-->
    </script>
    Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for that Norman

Earlier I posted this thread.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=10462

Do you think this way would work better or be easier than using the 'Reffer Script' method ?

Thanks

hp.
      mobilize-me ltd
      www.mobilize-me.com

Comment

I've no idea. I didn't mention the other method and as it's not a worked example, only a suggestion it would be up to you to implement it.

However if you have something stored in a cookie, then you could easily get its value and set it into the required field using JavaScript. There are cookie handling routines already available in actiniccore.js or actinicextras.js.

Norman

Comment

Thanks again Norman.

In place of using a Hidden Variable, would it be possible to assign a Session Variable I have created to the "GENERALHOWFOUND" variable? Would the code to do this be the same as you posted above ?

ie/ if I have a session variable called MySessionVariable I would assign it as follows:

<!--
          document.getElementById('general000').value = document.getElementById('MySessionVariable').value;
          //-->
          </script>

Thanks

hp.
          mobilize-me ltd
          www.mobilize-me.com

Comment

"Session variable"? That's not part of JavaScript. What language are you talking about?

If you are talking about PHP then use PHP to create the JavaScript that sets the Actinic field. Something like:-

Code:
            <!--
            <?php
            $mytemp = $_SESSION['myvariable'];
            print "document.getElementById('general000').value = 'mytemp';";
            ?>
            //-->
            </script>
            You could use PHP to create the <input...> field directly but this may get in the way of Actinics NETQUOTEVAR expansion.

Norman

PS this may have bugs. I just made it up and typed it straight in.

Comment

Thanks Norman

I think i may go the hidden variable route. Will try figure it out in the morning.

hp.

PS: I have also posted a thread asking how this could be done using .php session vars and/or cookies. thought it may be helpful to other to have them in a seperate thread???
              mobilize-me ltd
              www.mobilize-me.com

Comment

Working...
              X