Customising Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customising Actinic

I am trying to customise my Actinic store to look like my main site. The top row of both my main site and Actinic contains the exact same data.

This top row comprises of three cells. The first contains my logo, the second text and the third a Jpeg graphic.

When toggling back and forth from one site to the other the positions of these items alter very slightly. Going from the main site to Actinic has the following result.

The logo drops slightly, the text rises slightly and the Picture moves to the right slightly. Going back to the main site has the opposite effect.

The sites are on different servers at the moment as the Actinic site is still being built.

http://www.markfarrar.co.uk/magicalwonders2/index.php

http://support.actinic.co.uk/~kcsupp...alog/shop.html

I tried changing margin width and height to zero in Act_primary but that didn't seem to have any effect. I've changed it back now.

If anyone has a chance to look at this, can you spot anything obvious as to what is causing this?

Many thanks,

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

Make all the margins 0 dont just leave them blank
    Last edited by garyhay; 07-Nov-2004, 08:02 PM. Reason: added more
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hello Gary,

I did specify Marginwidth="0" etc., first time around but it didn't seem to do anything. Mind you, I was going back and forth from my main site to the Actinic on my hard drive.

I've tried it again with a slightly different result.

Now going from main site to Actinic, the vertical alignment stays the same, but the contents off all three cells drop when opened in Actinic.

Are there any other templates I should be looking at that may be affecting this?

Many thanks

Myles
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

O.K. I must have been viewing the cache from my hard drive.

I've set the only two margins in Act_primary to ="0" and refreshed the website. I'm now back to square one with the same results from my first posting!

Haven't a clue what is going on.

Anyone got any ideas?

Myles
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Try setting the margins in your non-actinic page to 5
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I must have forgotten to save changes in Act_primary as I've noticed that Marginheight was still set at ="5"

Width and Height for margins are definitely both now set at ="0" with the same results.

My main site is being put together by a friend, whilst I am taking on the challange of Actinic. If I ask him to set Margins at =5 on the main site, won't that affect the existing position of the graphic on the main site?

The horizontal position of the graphic is currently the same on both sites. It just shifts to the right slightly when going from main to Actinic. I don't see how I can fix this using just margins.

Myles
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

You should get his file and put the parts used for Actinic in his file and save a s Act_Primary.html
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

This is a bit tricky as there is a lot of stuff in the main site that just doesn't apply to the Actinic page. Also the Doctype in the main site is strict whereas Actinic has to be transitional (I think).

It's really just the top row of both sites that I'm trying to get identical, not the whole page. The size of the middle grey text area in Actinic needs to be slightly bigger than my main site as I'm using multiple columns in this area.

I'm going to print out both pages of code and see if I can spot what's going on. Maybe there is a difference in the two rows from both sites that I've missed.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks

Myles
                www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Gary,

I've come around to your way of thinking. I will take the code from the main site and try and add in the Actinic bits.

Thanks for the advice

Best wishes,

Myles
                  www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
                  X