Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.1.3 to 6.1.4 upgrade problem

Hi

I have a site which has started out at v3 or so, and has been gradually upgraded to v6.1.3.

It uses what I am told is an old trick of having two almost identical products, the second hidden, in order to get two "buy" buttons. This is done to allow "buy 1-11 bottles" and "buy 12 or more bottles" with different per-bottle prices for each. Somehow they then generate the two buttons within what appears to be the same product line. I don't understand how this works, but it seems to.

I now have Developer 6.1.4 installed and this no longer seems to work, I am just getting the not-hidden product's "buy 1-11 bottles" button.

I have taken a snapshot back to a Business 6.1.3 installation and it works fine.

I also use a complicated macro to convert a flat file into an import-able heirarchical structure for this site, generating the (almost) duplicate product if there is a price for 12 or more in the flat file, so I cannot easily change the product model to include components etc as a workaround.

Can anyone confirm that 6.1.4 does indeed prevent this method, and if so is there an easy, global solution based on continuing to generate the duplicate product with the "12 or more" price. Or will I have to use a 6.1.3 installation in order to keep the current functionality?

Many thanks, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

I'm not sure 6.1.4 was a very healthy release.

If I were you I'd stick at 6.1.3 or upgrade to 6.1.5.

You'll be able to find a list changes in the support documentation somewhere.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Another thing that is worth trying with this is to add a new custom property called

ACT_DISP_NEXT_HID_HTML_BTN

in 'Advanced | Custom Properties'. I have a feeling this will enable this feature in v6. It is worth trying anyway.

Comment

Thanks Chris

I assume that translates into:

"Actinic Display Next Hidden HTML Button" then!

Thanks, Dan
        adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X