Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layout Help Please

Hi Forum,

I am having some difficulties with the productline template. I have made a quick Jpeg with the areas highlighted > http://www.loque.co.uk/actinicprobs.jpg

My main problem is that the products don’t fill the table width wise. If I include my own <table> tag in the productline template it seems to do what I would like and display the information up to the thin border either side.

My other stumbling blocks at the moment are less important, and I am sure after a bit of head scratching i will get there, however any help is greatly appreciated!

01 - Can’t seem to edit this or delete it, I did before but how I did has escaped me.
    02 - Wondering if it is possible to align the text to the left of the drop down boxes. I think it looks nice aligned right however I have been asked to align it to the left and am interested to see if this is possible.
    03 - I would like the product separator to stretch to the thin boarder with no gaps.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Layout

If you are using Dreamweaver, install the Actinic extension for Dreamweaver.

In Actinic

Then go to Designs > Options > Miscellaneous and untick Compact HTML

Preview that page in Actinic (this is where it's hit and miss for me) cos I wouldn't do it this way, from what I can tell when I preview a page it makes the page and puts it in the Preview html folder thats in the site folder .. Check the file name of the preview page and opening corresponding page ..

You can now open the page in Dreamweaver from that location and you will now notice lots of yellow boxes on the page ..

If you click on one of the buttons in the propeties box at the bottom of the page in Dreamweaver it gives you the file path to the file that controls that aspect of the page ..

If I lost you after installing the Dreamweaver extension ..

Simplest way is to install the extension .. Upload site, view the page you having problems with, in internet explorer go to file > save as > and save that page to your desktop .. Then in Dreamweaver open that page .. and you will see the yellow buttons mentioned as above ..

Now don't trust anything I say cos I haven't actually read any of the books and am just winging my way around Actinic ..
    Last edited by sabbie; 09-Nov-2004, 08:53 AM. Reason: oops missed out a step!
    s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Comment

Woohoo!

Thank you Sabbie, was a little unsure what you on about at first but i did it and ... nice one!

I was wondering why that dreamweaver extension hadn’t been so helpful yet. This shows me every template in use and at what stage. I just saved the webpage after it was published and loaded it in to dreamweaver.

The constraining width was in productbody, I must have overlooked this when I was going through it yesterday. I can now also clean up the sectionlink info. I might be back for some more help later tho!

Many thanks,
      Toby

Comment

Working...
      X