Exporting only selected products from Sage with Actinic Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting only selected products from Sage with Actinic Link

I want to transfer my product data from Sage to Actinic using Actinic Link, but only certain products. I don't want to have to manually delete hundreds of products from Actinic everytime I update. Can this be done?

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Yes you can send only certain products from Sage to Actinic (Depending on what version you are using).

I use Sage v11 Financial Controller and can select which products to send via the publish to web box within the web tab.

In Actinic Link (Sage to Actinic) choose to use sage web data fields (Sage v7 and above, or so it says).

Only products selected as publish to web will be transferred.

Comment

In Sage Line 50, in Products Web Tab, could you just untick the online ordering box for the products you don't want Link to export? This would save manually deleting products from Actinic each time you update.
      JHeath

Comment

Thank you, but does it transfer all data?

Thank you. I will have to go through opening each product, clicking Web and checking the Publish to Web box; this will take a while but will be a one-off job, hopefully. Can you or anyone confirm that when I select to transfer Web Data, it will also transfer all the other product data (relating to the products with Publish to Web checked), like price, weight, VAT etc, and not just the data in the Web tag in Sage?

Sarah

Comment

Yes, if you use the publish to web tab all product info will be transferred ie weight, price..... However, when you update your products it will only update or add new products. To delete products from Actinic you will need to do this manually in Actinic.

Also don't forget to alter your Sage to Actinic profile to read Sage Web Data only or all products may be transferred.

Maybe try a few products first before changing all to see if this is what you want.

Another thing you may want to consider is your categories in Sage. What I do is have one called New Products, although I use this for all products. This means that, when transferred to Actinic, new products will appear in a section called 'New Products' which I keep hidden and all other products will be updated.

Hope this makes sense.

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you very much. The last item re "new" products may be very useful.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
            X