Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Patch Date?

Hi there.

Anyone have an idea when the successor to update 6.02 will be coming out?
    I've been unable to use my Catalog version 6 due to this know bug.

"When I try and checkout, I receive the following error:

Error: The site configuration has been updated by the shop operator while you are checking out. Please navigate back to the product pages by pressing the Browser Back button and try again or contact the site owner.
    Solution: This message normally occurs when you are using 'Split SSL' - with the checkout running under https but the store running under http - and the cart cookie is lost in the transition.

This problem will be fixed in the next maintenance release of Actinic Ecommerce v6."

I am running "Split SSL" and wish to continue doing so.

Was told back in mid Feb that the required patch was "a couple of weeks away."
    Chris Dicken provided a script solution, but after testing, this has not fixed the problem.

Testing area set up at http://www.linkswap.ca/acatalog/store.html for those who wish to check things out.

Any recent news?

Thanks,
    Rick Smith
    Powerleap Products Canada

The 6.1.0 beta started yesterday, see

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=&threadid=942

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan.

I'd missed that. Will give it a go.
      Rick Smith

Comment

I've installed it, no upgrade problems at all, I have order level discounting running, paypal payment processing installed and my first froogle feed file went off this morning (although I did have to tweak it quite a bit before it went because I use $ as my second currency and wanted to send the file with dollar prices). My site is more or less out of the box so I wouldn't really expect to have problems.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

the beta is the UK version. i see you are in Canada so this version may not be for you. The US version is still pending

Comment

Hmm....

Since I'm only using it on a test portion right now, I'll probably go ahead and try it anyway.
            Have had to leave main site running version 5, as Catalog 6 has yet to prove compatible.

Thanks for the heads-up.
            Rick Smith

Comment

New paypal payment option

Hi all,
              I have just successfully downloaded and installed the update.

2 questions:

1) what do you put in the field labled 'merchant id' under the setting for paypal in the payment section? is it the email address used for sending/receiving payments?

2) where and how do you use the 'digital download option' for catalog, I cant find it?

Cheers

simon

Comment

1) what do you put in the field labled 'merchant id' under the setting for paypal in the payment section? is it the email address used for sending/receiving payments?
                I would image that when you sign on as a merchant with paypal you are given a merchant number

Comment

Worked out you simply insert your paypal email address.

As far as digital download goes, I think it is just an 'option' probably paid for, I beleive it is an option in business also and not there as standard, but it was not even an option in catalog before.

Comment

That's right. Digitial Download is an add-on which was only compatible with Business before. Now it is available for Catalog as well.

Comment

Having praised 6.1.0 I now have to admit to having to remove it from my PC because I have a problem, in that my worldpay account has stopped working (refuses to admit that I have a valid account, ie. isn't talking to me). So I have had to go back to 6.0.2 for the time being. So still download it and use it but take a full backup first (not incremental like I do - that might mean that you have to spend 4 hours getting your site to work again) and test you PSP after your first upload. Even though I broke it I still love 6.1.0, all those lovely new features for free can't be bad.

Regards,

Comment

> Having praised 6.1.0 I now have to admit to having to remove
                        > it from my PC because I have a problem, in that my worldpay
                        > account has stopped working (refuses to admit that I have a
                        > valid account, ie. isn't talking to me). So I have had to go back
                        > to 6.0.2 for the time being. So still download it and use it but
                        > take a full backup first (not incremental like I do - that might
                        > mean that you have to spend 4 hours getting your site to work
                        > again) and test you PSP after your first upload. Even though I
                        > broke it I still love 6.1.0, all those lovely new features for free
                        > can't be bad.

upgrade appeared to work but the siteupgrader made it's usual mess of existing templates - never works (but then it never has) but you have to run it at least once to use actinic.

site upgrader doesn't copy new occ files/templates to the site directory, not sure it always copies new perl correctly scripts either.

Comment

Working...
                        X