Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

customvars possible on the primary template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customvars possible on the primary template?

Dear Community

I wonder if it is possible to have customvars on the catalog index page?
    Sections obviously have a propoerties tab where they can be called but I don't see how I can bring them on the catalog index page.

Thanks
    Peter

Hi,

The best way would be to create a new primary template based on your current one and then select this in 'Design | Options | Layouts' for your 'Front Page Layout'. Add your custom property into this new template and set the value for the property in 'Design | Options | Site Defaults'.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you Tracey

I hadn't noticed the facility to set a front page template.

Bascially though I'm trying to limit the number of overall templates i need to create (and update!) throughout the site. Am I right in thinking that if I create a custom primary template called 'x' for the front page and then set the top level sections and subsections to 'use parent' - they will all use 'x' unless i tell them otherwise?
      Regards
      Peter

Comment

Hi,

You could use the default primary template for your front page too by ensuring that you have the same template specified in Design | Options Layouts for the 'Default Overall Layout' and the 'Front Page Layout'. Therefore, you could just put your CUSTOMVAR in that template. However, by setting the custom property in 'Design | Options | Site Defaults' means that this property will be used on all pages unless you set something different in the section itself. I only suggested using a custom template in case you didn't want the value of this property to be added to every page.

I hope this is clear.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X