referencing one product multiple times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

referencing one product multiple times?

hello, is it possible to create an entry in an actinic catalogue that exists in several different places on your site? If this entry was altered it would globally change all entries throughout your site instead of altering every one

many thanks,
    Alistair

Hi,

I'm afraid that this is not possible in the standard v6 software, however, v7 now includes the ability to duplicate products in several sections, so if you change the price in the master product it automatically updates the duplicates.

If you do not want to upgrade to v7 then you may want to check Mole-End for their product replication plug-in.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

More than Just Price

Hi,

This is quite a technical question: we have a copy of v7 and the price for duplicate products updates nicely when the master is changed.

Now, question is: how is this duplication performed? Is it performed within Access or within the Actinic Software itself?

I want all product details to be duplicated from the master. I've looked at mole ends solution and I'm a little dubious over the technical competance of our clients. Especially opening an Access database and Excel spreadsheet every time they need to update and duplicate products.

Thanks.

Comment

Where clients are not that technical the designers tend to set the duplicates up for them if they are using our product, the latest version uses an access form to enter the duplicates and a program to actually duplicate them. The tricky part of the solution is setting up the external database linking in Actinic which again can be done by the designer. Most of our products are designed for ease of use but this one isn't - at some point we might roll the interface into a single application but it's not on the schedule at the moment.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X