• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cgi-bin Errors

Hi

My customer has been experiencing problems with his site:

www.idexpress.co.uk

The problems occur when he clicks on the NorTree cascading menu he gets the following error message:

=====================================================
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ss000002.pl on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    ======================================================

I've tried to replicate his error and managed to produce the above on 2 or 3 occasions over a 45 minute period. He says that he is getting the error almost everytime he uses the site at the moment. He also say's html tables are displaying and the CSS isn't rendering correctly. I haven't seen any instance of this.

We're both using exactly the same IE6 XP SP2 browser. The site worked fine on his machine until he changed the product arrangement, yet it still works fine on mine. I'm totally perplexed!

I've checked the Basehref which seems fine and the cart and checkout process works fine on my machine. I've checked permissions which are set to 755, so I've no idea what's causing this?!

Can anyone duplicate the error or does anyone have any suggestions to remedy this.

Cheers

Anthony
    Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
    www.greenjersey.com

If you're running a Catalog store (not Business) then you can avoid NorTree going through the cgi-bin/ss000002.pl script for every click.

In the Nortree config program put

http://www.idexpress.co.uk/acatalog/

into the LinkPrefix field and NorTree will now generate direct links to your pages.

Norman

PS It will also speed up things as there will be no script called that crunches a bit and then diverts to the desired page. You just go straight there.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Cheers Norman.

I'll give this a try and let you know how I get on.

I've also identified a small transparent gif problem with IE6. Small 't gifs' don't render unless you right click on them and click 'show image'. I know it's a recognised bug in XP SP1, but does anyone have any ideas or patches to cure this one....apart from upgrading to SP2?!

Anthony
      Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Norman

Thanks for the info. I cleared off the server yesterday and copied up the entire site with the suggested amendment to Nortree and it worked without a single error. I've just got to wait for my customer to say it's OK.

Many thanks

Anthony
        Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Working...
        X