Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Side boxes in Smart Theme

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I get additional side bar boxes in the smart theme?

Thanks

Linda
    www.bridgingthegaptonaturalhealth.com
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Hi,

You need to open 'Act_Primary.html' (Advanced | Template Manager | Main tab (click 'Change View' if you do not see the tabs) | Primary button) and depending on which side you want the box to appear on search for:

Code:
    <p>&nbsp;</p>

<table width="150" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
            <tr> 
              <td height="22" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS" class="actsmallheading" background="tab_pal2.gif"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;CUSTOMVAR:LEFTBARTITLE</b></td>
            </tr>
            <tr valign="top"> 
              <td class="thinred2">
                 <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" class="actxxsmall">
                   <tr> 
                    <td valign="top"><br>CUSTOMVAR:LEFTBARTEXT<br><br></td>
                   </tr>
                 </table>
              </td>
            </tr>
          </table>
    Copy this code and paste on a new line directly after the </table> tag to have the box appear on the left side of the screen or after:

Code:
                    <td valign="top"><br>CUSTOMVAR:RIGHTBARTEXT<br><br></td>
                   </tr>
                 </table>
              </td>
            </tr>
          </table>
    to have the box appear on the right side of the screen. You will have to create new custom properties for the title and text of the boxes so replace:

CUSTOMVAR:LEFTBARTITLE with your new property (ie CUSTOMVAR:MYTITLE) and
    CUSTOMVAR:LEFTBARTEXT with the new property for this (ie CUSTOMVAR:MYTEXT)

Save the template. To create the new properties go to 'Advanced | Custom Properties and add two new properties by clicking the '+' in the top corner of the grid. Then go to 'Design | Options | Site Defaults' tab and add the 'Properties' in to the grid here and give them the values you want. (Note that if you add boxes to both sides of the template then you will need four new custom properties - two for the left and two for the right side).

Also note that you do not have to use custom properties you could just type the text for each part directly into the templates in place of the 'CUSTOMVARs'. This would mean that if you wanted to change the text then you would do it directly in the template rather than through the 'Design | Options' menu.

Finally, if you are using other primary templates throughout the store you may need to make the changes to these other templates too (ie Act_BrochurePrimary.html, Act_PrimaryCheckout.html etc), check in 'Design | Options | Layouts' for the different templates you are using.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks very much.
      Best Regards
      www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
      www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
      www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Comment

Hi
        I read this thread and it was most helpful in creating more boxes for the Smart Theme in Actinic. In one of the boxes i would like a top ten best, how do i list these in a line 1 to 10 and add links?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul

Check our my response to your thread here - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=11687

I think it would be great for you to spend some time learning a few HTML basics and then you would be able to do these little customisation jobs yourself. It will save you masses of time!

Comment

Working...
          X