Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search page problem

Hi,

How's things! I am just after a little help, when you search for some thing on my site the text appears over the top of search page makeing it difficult to view, how do I prevent this?

Also I have never in the past 18 months installed any of the actinic patches (ooops) should I install the current patch asap! or do I need to install all previous patches aswell.

My site url is in my profile should you want to check out the search problem.

Thanks for any advice Wayne
    contemporary jewellery for men & women...

Hi,

Wow, I've never seen that happen before. I can't view the source of your page to find out what is going on, so I can only suggest that you try replacing your Act_ResultsTemplate.html file from the original theme folder (c:\program files\actinic ecommerce v6\format\themes\BusinessCSS ). If that doesn't solve the issue then I suggest you log a support query here so a snapshot can be requested.

should I install the current patch asap! or do I need to install all previous patches aswell.
    There are some issues that have been dealt with in the latest v6, one of which is to fix problems that some customers get when using a personal firewall, so I would recommend you upgrade to v6.1.5. However, you will have to download the full version of the software as there were too many changes made between the version you have and the latest one to only have a patch. Ensure that you take a full back-up of your current site before applying the new version, which you can get from here.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hello, whilst reading this thread i realised that i too havent downloaded any updates to version 6. We have the original CD ROM, if we downloaded the latest version, would we have to pay for the update, or is it free if you've bought the package previosuly.

Comment

Hi,

if we downloaded the latest version, would we have to pay for the update, or is it free
        All minor updates between the same version are free, it's only major version upgrades (ie v6 to v7) you need to pay for unless you have a cover contract with us, in which case it is free.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

How do I download the update? We are designing a site for a client and they have given us the CD ROM. (We will build site, snapshot it, uninstall actinic, give it to florist and import site to their PC).

We'd like to update the software here while we're using it and setting up site, then obviously we'd need to download update again at the florists end. But, when i go to download the update it asks for registration details, i go to register, and it goes on about a 30 day free trial, but if we have the software already surely we dont want to download it as a trial? (as this implies it wont work after 30 days, when we have the disc anyway).... I'm a tad confused, can you clarify TraceyG?

Comment

Hi,

and it goes on about a 30 day free trial, but if we have the software already surely we dont want to download it as a trial?
            Don't worry about the free trial wording. The trial version is exactly the same as the fully licensed version and as you already have a key, it will activate the full release of the software. Sorry about the confusion, I will put your comments to our marketing manager to ensure that it becomes clearer in future.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X