Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quickie about next/previous section links

Hi all

I see how to place the next/previous links on my primary template just above the main bulk code as per the design guide p.35 -

But is there a way to have the links at the foot of the main page content ( I think it looks odd asking a view to view the next or previous before their eye has taken in the page content)?

I've tried pasting the links beneath the bulk and it didn't seem to work.

Peter

Originally posted by peter
    Hi all

I see how to place the next/previous links on my primary template just above the main bulk code as per the design guide p.35 -

But is there a way to have the links at the foot of the main page content ( I think it looks odd asking a view to view the next or previous before their eye has taken in the page content)?

I've tried pasting the links beneath the bulk and it didn't seem to work.

Peter
    Hi Peter,

Check this thread out for some answers... http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=10391

Eagle
    Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Thanks Eaglesnest

Interesting thread and I appreciate the tip of using a product at the foot of the page to link to sibling sections.

However I agree with the poster that this is a drag to update so I'd still like futher guidance on whether its possible to use

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
      <tr>
      <td><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_URL">
      NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_NAME
      </a>
      </td>
      <td align="right">
      <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_URL">
      NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_NAME
      </a>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </table>

at the foot of a list of products (ie beneath the bulk)

Comment

hmm

i getting a little concerned that the issue is with my templates!

I am trying to add a single add to cart buton to a page. If I paste the single add to cart netquotevar beneath the bulk

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBULK
        <DIV ALIGN="RIGHT"><a name="sectionbottom">
        NETQUOTEVAR:SINGLEADD
        </a></DIV>

it appears above the products (!)

If I leave it its default positition beneath the javascipt (add for multi cols layout) it appears on the page source - but it doesn't display!

Comment

Hi,

I'd still like futher guidance on whether its possible to use...... at the foot of a list of products (ie beneath the bulk)
          Yes, this is possible, I have just added the code from the AUG to my primary template so it looks like:

Code:
          NETQUOTEVAR:BULK<BR>
            <tr>
              <td><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_URL">NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_NAME</a></td>
              <td align="right"><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_URL">NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_NAME</a></td>
            </tr>
          </table>
          and it brings up my section names for the next and previous section at the bottom of the page.

I am trying to add a single add to cart buton to a page. If I paste the single add to cart netquotevar beneath the bulk
          I think you are making more hard work for yourself. The single add to cart button code is in Act_ProductBody.html and cannot be used in any other template. To get a single add to cart button on the page you change the shopping mode (Design | Options | Shop Defaults to set the default or override the default in the section itself).
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

thank you tracey

point taken

one further question on this point - is it possible to include the next/previous code as a custom var txt file include rather than hard coded ino the template?

Reason being i'd like to use a single template for a given section but not have the links appear at the foot of all the pages that use that template.

Should it function ok as an include (a quick test suggested not) and would a page where the customvar is not called in the properties tab of a section display ok (quick test suggests it does).

Thank you for your help today. I'm a past master at making life difficult.

Comment

Hi Peter,

Should it function ok as an include
              This won't work I'm afraid as the contents of the text document are only passed as text, ie the NETQUOTEVARs won't be translated.

and would a page where the customvar is not called in the properties tab of a section display ok
              Yes, if there is no call in the properties tab of the section then nothing will display. If I am right, I think you are suggesting that you could put so much of the code directly into the template and just use a CUSTOMVAR for the url that it is going to, ie:

Code:
                <tr>
                  <td><a href="CUSTOMVAR:PREVIOUS">Previous</a></td>
                  <td align="right"><a href="CUSTOMVAR:NEXT">Next</a></td>
                </tr>
              </table>
              Then you just need to set up in the section properties the urls for next and previous and if there is no next page just leave it empty on the last section.

This method would work but could mean a lot of work if you add sections in the middle of existing ones as you would have to then change some of the custom property values. It's not so bad if you only add sections at the end.
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X